ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

meggy r27 230 or clio 197 cup?

clio 182
hi guys and perhaps girls?
looking to swap my 182 now for something new but am stuck on my choice!!!
need a lil help from those who own the cars ive named above becuase these are my choices.
let me know if you have either and what the pros and cons are of them would much appreciate your help in this time of need.
cheers

Mini Cooper S sport
Drive them both and see what you think (I assume you mean an R26, not an R27).

Personally I went for the Meg for all sorts of reasons and have never regretted it.

Pros are the looks (in my opinion), the handling, the build quality and the power delivery. Plus the turbo whistle is very addictive!

Only downside is the fuel consumption, which for me ranges from between 24 and 27 MPG.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Depends what you want? The cars are in different classes to start with. Some people love high revving N/A engines (like me) that need stirring to get the best out of (like a hot hatch should be ;-)) meggy more usable day to day with havin better low down grunt. Both brilliant out of the box. Spec wise you would needed some one to have ticked the recaro option for the car to be fitted with the sportster CS's. Meggy has the older trendlines as standard. I personally love my 197. Gearbox and standard noise is awesome.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
i.ll be in the same boat in a few months hopefully and i,m swaying towards this R26. (hopefully this colour if i can get one)

GetImage.aspx

GetImage.aspx

GetImage.aspx

The R26, its the perfect step up from the 182, I do prefer the looks of the 197, if they did a 197 with 230bhp turbo and lsd Id order one tomorow.
Mine n1302849879_100826_3159.jpg Black wheels on black looks the b****cks.
Iam getting 27mpg:(, was getting 33mpg from the 182.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what you want? The cars are in different classes to start with. Some people love high revving N/A engines (like me) that need stirring to get the best out of (like a hot hatch should be ;-)) meggy more usable day to day with havin better low down grunt. Both brilliant out of the box. Spec wise you would needed some one to have ticked the recaro option for the car to be fitted with the sportster CS's. Meggy has the older trendlines as standard. I personally love my 197. Gearbox and standard noise is awesome.

Ditto, depends on what you're after.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
depends what you want, the 197 is the better looking car for me, but feels cheaper inside and doesn't have the power, that's why I had a 225 and an R26.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I was looking at the same 3 cars as you late last yr.

For me the 197Cup ticked all the boxes with the spec i have.

If the R26R was not so new i may have gone for that, but with the new meggy out soon the old R26 will soon look very dated.

Find a member who lives near you as you will get a better test drive ;) than any garage.

As a quick drive will tell you nothing, i discounted the 197 until a long run round Oulton Park changed my mind.

The Trophy (best 182) was gone few weeks later:D

clio 182
cheers for all your posts, much appreciated, swaying toward the r26 purely because im after a bigger car really, 6'3 look abit silly in a clio now!!!! have a freind down at the local renault garage so he's getting me in a r26 in white or red and the 197 cup to have a go at so we will see wat happens and i'll post my verdict. cheers

Mini Cooper S sport
Oooh well have fun. I think when you drive the R26 you might be hooked, take it round a few good corners!

PS, liquid yellow is best ;)

bonnet1.jpg

378bhp Leon Cupra R
easier to tune without spending crazy money (eg remap,intercooler,exhaust & dump valve) & LSD

R26 all the way for me.

I much prefer black or LY Meg's over that white one. I think the white one looks plain & boring tbh.

- LY, does yours have the squares on the roof ?

Mini Cooper S sport
I much prefer black or LY Meg's over that white one. I think the white one looks plain & boring tbh.

- LY, does yours have the squares on the roof ?

Yes it does, it's got the full decals. I like them :)

I did wonder whether I should got the black wheels and wing mirrors as an option but I think I prefer the anthracite.

clio 182
the looks of the 197 do it for me allday long over the meggy r26 but the speed, power and tuning ability just put the r26 in another league. y can't renault sort there lives out and give us turbos in both these cars to make life a lil simpler and rear wheel drive would be awesome too!!!!