ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane r26 timing belt.

Cup In bits
Im away to do the timing belt on my (F4RT's) Meg, for those who have done it before. Is there any other parts I'll need over and above what the F4R's need.

I know the turbos have no dephaser so they need different cam seals which I have, they also have two nuts on the cam pulleys which I have, I also have a new crank bolt as they have a bigger washer iirc.

Is there anything else that's needed?!? Oil pump cover common?? Crank seal?

I obviously have the timing/aux belt kits, water pump and gasket.

Lionel Richie
a 7mm ratchet spanner because getting the 3 tiny screws off the heat shield covering the plastic belt cover is a prick without one!

LY R26 #288
That's all you need iirc. That's all I did anyway. You should replace the crank pulley as it's one of them silly rubber jobs. Renault recommends changing it with the belts as they break up.

Cup In bits
Cheers lads, would a dumpy 1/4 socket with ratchet not do the heat should? I'm sure I have a 7mm ratchet spanner somewhere though but just to make sure?