ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 4 pot brembos code?

Blackdavid

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172,Golf VR6
Hello. I am breaking for parts my Boxster S, and Im taking the brakes off of it, to put them on the 16v..

Now, I suppose the brakes are the same four pots of the megane?
The Porsche ones are about 250mm's in lenght, bolt spacing is 130mm, and the bolt holes diameter is 12mm,
Can anyone tell me the code of the meggy brembos, and where I can find a code printed on?

The codes I found on mine:

C10

anyone that can assure me that are the same ones used on the megane/clio/ any kind of renault sport model?

Hello. I am breaking for parts my Boxster S, and Im taking the brakes off of it, to put them on the 16v..

Now, I suppose the brakes are the same four pots of the megane?
The Porsche ones are about 250mm's in lenght, bolt spacing is 130mm, and the bolt holes diameter is 12mm,
Can anyone tell me the code of the meggy brembos, and where I can find a code printed on?

The codes I found on mine:

C10

anyone that can assure me that are the same ones used on the megane/clio/ any kind of renault sport model?

This is a crop of my own picture of a caliper taken from a Megane 225 which is the same caliper as the 197's etc. The code is found on the leading edge that goes toward the front of the car when fitted.

brembo%20part%20number%20megane%20225_zpsfx6n0roj.jpg

Afaik, 130mm is the same bolt spacing and if I recall correctly, the piston diameter is 40mm x 29mm height for all four pistons. I do recall speaking to someone who had some brembos taken from a Porsche and I think he was saying that at least one pair (leading or trailing, I forget) is smaller than the other, but I think his were rear calipers. Google suggests they're not the same caliper, albeit very similar. That doesn't mean they can't be fitted though, you just need to check the dimensions.

I don't know exactly which model your Boxster S is, but considering googling the part numbers brings up at least the 986 Boxster as well as other models, I've assumed they're likely to be the same. The Brembo online catalogue shows all S variants of the 986/987 models as having the same disc dimensions on the front. Here's some disc dimensions for comparison:

Porsche Boxster S 986: http://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/porsche-boxster-986-s-3-2/000016860-1
Megane 225: http://www.bremboparts.com/europe/e...-ii-bm0-1-cm0-1-2-0-renault-sport/000018081-1
Clio 16v: http://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/renault-clio-i-b-c57-5-357-1-8-16v-c57d/000002130-1
Clio 172 Ph2: http://www.bremboparts.com/europe/e...-ii-bb0-1-2-cb0-1-2-2-0-16v-sport/000017869-1

I'd say the 280mm Clio mk2 discs are a good candidate because:

- Same PCD as 16v discs.
- Same thickness variation as my conversions for the discs; 28mm (Porsche/Meg 225), 24mm (172)
- Similar standard disc size (Porsche, 318mm/Meg, 312mm)
- Difference in disc/hub offset between 16v & 172 is 2.9mm so seems quite small.

I'm not sure if that's too much to compensate for with brackets etc, but a lot of Clio Mk2 conversions use the 280mm discs with calipers that have had the mating surfaces machined to remove some material so they fit the disc better after bolting up to the brackets..

Best bet is probably to go to a motorsport engineering place and see if they'd be able to fabricate you some brackets designed to work with the Porsche calipers & 280mm Brembo HC discs for a 172/182 I'd have thought. You might want to study those dimensions more though as it's late and I'm tired!

Hopefully something was helpful! Haha.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 197
Hi everyone, apologies in advance if I'm posting in the wrong section of the forum!

I'm looking for a spare alloy for my uncle's 2007 clio sport 197 and am just wondering if the brake discs restrict me in my choice of alloys.
As far as I know the 197 alloy set up is 5x108 et63 CB60.1 THD M14x1.5.
To my understanding it is the offset (et63) that I need to be careful of because of the brake discs.
Locally there is an alloy for sale off a Laguna and I'm hoping it will fit but it is et38 and has a THD of M12x1.5 (not sure if this matters or not!)

Any help choosing the correct alloy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This is the completely wrong place to post indeed.

However.. The 197 is indeed 5x108, CB60.1 (same as mk2) and et63. Doubt the et38 wheel will fit nicely without scrubbing horrendously.

Why not just pick up a spare 197 wheel? They can be had off eBay for £80 delivered. You can probably get one even cheaper from a breakers yard directly (delivered too).

Clio Sport 197
This is the completely wrong place to post indeed.

However.. The 197 is indeed 5x108, CB60.1 (same as mk2) and et63. Doubt the et38 wheel will fit nicely without scrubbing horrendously.

Why not just pick up a spare 197 wheel? They can be had off eBay for £80 delivered. You can probably get one even cheaper from a breakers yard directly (delivered too).
Sorry about that, I literally just created this account to ask for my uncle!
Thanks for the reply, I looked on eBay and the cheapest was €200+ and there's no breakers that really get many parts for 197s here in Ireland unfortunately. I might try a Volvo or ford alloy and use a spigot ring to get the centre bore from 63.4 (Volvo) to the clios 60.1. The Volvo has an et52.5 so hopefully he will avoid scrubbing.

Thank you,
Colm.

Didn't realise you're on Ireland, sorry.

I'd still suggest joking at mainland UK eBay. Postage to Ireland won't cost a prohibitive amount. I sent some Camshafts to NI a couple of months ago for £20 so I can't see it costing more than £30-40 for a single alloy. That would out the cost at circa £100-110 for a spare wheel.

Guess the exchange rate might not be fantastic for you ether of you're in euros depending on where you're based.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk