ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megan splitter...

Clio Sport xxx
Just fitted my first, and probably last cosmetic mod to my 172! Cost me £10 from a scrappy, and was quite scuffed up and covered in mud when i got it (not happy taking it home in the car!!!).... but after some cleaning, rubbing down and some kewi shoe polish it doesnt look too bad i have to say...
clio6.jpg

clio5.jpg

clio3.jpg

what you guys think?

Clio Sport xxx
cutting it was no probs with a hacksaw, smoothed it off with some sand paper, but actually fitting it on so it looked good was very tricky - the shape is slightly different, so some 'flexing and pinning' was necessary at the corners

titanic killer
Yeah looks good fella i think it just looks like a slightly bigger cup spliter,nice job

Clio Sport xxx
yeh looks very similar the the cup one, but i prefer the deeper look, and for a tenner couldn't go wrong. Needed cutting at each end to fit.

Also, why is it that the 172 is the only Clio in the whole range that doesn't come with a splitter fitted?!?! seems odd!!

hey that looks really good actually, so did you have to cut it or anything? also what model of megane did it come off?

172 & RSi
Its on coilovers.

Can pick megane splitters up for about £10 from a scrappy. Its the ones from the pre 98 model IIRC so anything before an R reg, not entirely sure thought but you can see its this model here....

car2.jpg

Got one fitted to my mk2 ph1 aswell but not got many decent pics, these are what I have

04082007419sn9.jpg

04082007426up6.jpg

05082007431dd1.jpg

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
about 70-75 mm.. it has been lower but had to replace the subframe due to too much scrubbage!

mines came of a megane scienic.. i just randomly ripped it of when getting a rear hub off a clio. i put it up against the clio and thought " i can make that fit!" :)

i think i paid £18 for hub and splitter! good times :)

Clio Sport xxx
so im going ta leave it at that for external mods... now its time for some performance enhancing toying..:evil:

Some nice pics there btw andy, sweet setting

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
am looking at going to local scrappies an gettin a megane splitter, are they easy to find? Do you just litterally rip them off the front of the car when you find them?

Clio Sport xxx
yeh there are plenty about, but you might have to visit 2-3 scrap yards before you find one in nice condidtion. the one i got was literally stappled onto the bumper, duno if that how they're meant to be, but yeh i just ripped it off