ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mechanical throttle body to fly by wire throttle body

hello folks,

I am having the usual RPM stuck problem. this is my last MSG here.
thought about changing to PH2 throttle body, what do you think?
I know my pedal will be less informative but I won't have the RPM trouble again (if I change for a new throttle body from the dealer - around 300 pounds, the problem might be back again).
I know I must change my pedal, what else I need to change?

cheers,
Elad.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I know what a pain this problem is, but I think I've finally cured it on my 172 Mk1.

If you jack-up the front of the car on the drivers side and remove the wheel, then you can take off part of the wheel arch liner and you'll be able to see where the cable goes through the bulkhead to the pedal. You will also see how the cable is routed behind the sound-proofing at the back of the engine bay if you gently pull the sound-proofing back (just remove about three fir tree clips). With mine I could see that the cable wasn't held in place properly by the fixings for it (in messing about trying to sort this problem I must have pulled the cable out of its fixings). So I put it back in place properly, then tried it in several positions to see what felt right and now I've got no revving problems. It was all to do with the cable not being in properly.

My pedal is a bit too stiff so I might buy a new cable and fit it again now I've seen how easy it is to do.

Cheers, Rob669

If you were going to change to a mk2 tb you'd need:
ECU
Plenham
T/B
Pedal
Key
Entire wiring loom BOTH parts, so that means pulling out the entire interior.
as you have to change the loom you need to change the UCH
as your changing the UCH you have to change the a/c controls and install climate
meaning you have to change to a ph2 dash

so on and so forth.

I didn't think it was such a mess to change to a PH2 throttlr body.
Rob, when you change your cable take some picture and make it a pictured project and all the 172 PH1 owner will worship you :rasp:

hello folks,

I am having the usual RPM stuck problem. this is my last MSG here.
thought about changing to PH2 throttle body, what do you think?
I know my pedal will be less informative but I won't have the RPM trouble again (if I change for a new throttle body from the dealer - around 300 pounds, the problem might be back again).
I know I must change my pedal, what else I need to change?

cheers,
Elad.
Stick with the phase 1 setup its much better and cheaper to fix new bodies for the pahse 2 are expensive and do fail.