ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mechanical Racetech gauge

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve bought a mechanical Racetech dual oil pressure and temperature gauge. It comes with capillary lines. Has anyone fitted this type of gauge? Where’s best to connect the capillaries to the F4R?
oil pressure switch or a sandwich plate?

Any help much appreciated

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
@dann2707 my gauge didn’t come with a probe on the end of the capillary. It did come with one capillary line connected to the gauge already but no probe on the end. I’ve been searching online for a racetech probe but can’t find any. So thought the capillaries connect straight to the engine???
Also need another probe for the temperature? I’ve got another capillary line for the pressure bought separately.
Did you already have all the probes in your kit?

cheers Andrew

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Racetech oil temp is a fixed length pipe from memory you cant chop it.

If you need the oil pressure pipe, easy to knock up a pipe from 3an ptfe if you know what fitting is on the gauge.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@dann2707 my gauge didn’t come with a probe on the end of the capillary. It did come with one capillary line connected to the gauge already but no probe on the end. I’ve been searching online for a racetech probe but can’t find any. So thought the capillaries connect straight to the engine???
Also need another probe for the temperature? I’ve got another capillary line for the pressure bought separately.
Did you already have all the probes in your kit?

cheers Andrew
Hi mate, I had to buy the oil pressure line separately but they are easily available online. Do you have any pictures of what you have? I take it yours are the Mechanical variant not the electrical type?