ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McLaren MP4-12C Detail...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=235793

DSC00942.jpg

Red
Yeah I commented on the White one with black detailing before I read the other thread, as it genuinely looked a bit chavvy.

I then read the thread and thought I would show my appreciation.

Trophy #490
Fantastic colour. When I went in one the weather was atrocious, but the colour still looked gorgeous even in dull conditions.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Correct me if im wrong, but it looks the same at the start, as it does at the end!!

Surely detailing a car that has just been delivered by a company as an4l as McLaren is a tad pointless lol ... they get polished on the production line at the end of everyday during the build process FFS.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Correct me if im wrong, but it looks the same at the start, as it does at the end!!

Surely detailing a car that has just been delivered by a company as an4l as McLaren is a tad pointless lol ... they get polished on the production line at the end of everyday during the build process FFS.

Well, the protection put on the car is almost a 24 month treatment not including top ups. http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c1-crystal-lacquer/

He didn't have to polish it as there were only minor buffing trails on it (poor polishing breakdown at Macca) you only think your car is clean until it really gets detailed.

Even after polishing I can still remove ingrained dirt with a pre-wax cleanser.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
TBH yes i like a clean car but taking it for that kind of detail straight out of the box??
I'd rather be spending the time driving the damn thing, get it properly dirty and then make someone earn their living by detailing it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You'd cry if you saw the Trophy atm.

Not at all, each to their own. I couldn't care if you wash it with rocks, it's still yours.

TBH yes i like a clean car but taking it for that kind of detail straight out of the box??
I'd rather be spending the time driving the damn thing, get it properly dirty and then make someone earn their living by detailing it.

But it's not perfect out the box. Just look at the Studio on DW to see the state new cars come in. Remember the protection put on this car is almost like a second lacquer. It's super protective on a very expensive car.

Easy cleaning aswell when he wants to.

53 Clio's & counting
Id be doing the same if i had that kind of car - as said, from the factory there is only so much done, a detail like this will protect it so so much

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im afraid im a bit Clarkson when it comes to the whole cleaning and detailing thing now. I used to be rather obsessed with it but not anymore.

Driven not detailed FTW.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Oh don't get me wrong, both of my cars get cleaned more than any of the others at work. I work at a bodyshop so we have enough products for even proper detailling geeks to go mad with (although the lack of silicone based products might have them crying into their Koala fur mitts).

The Cup gets a good semi-detail probably every 4 months. I.e a coat of wax....but thats about it.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Those wheels. My good god....

Nom nom nom
IMG_0670.jpg

Tbh, i honestly believe that a decent level of dirt over the car offers far better protection than 2 layers of polish made from the spunk of a young unicorn. The paint underneath my dirt is simply amazing for a car with nearly 180k on it!!!

No cleaning = no swirls ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Love the engine compartment and interior.

But air drying>? wtf? I like a clean car but these g33ks take things too far. I hope he used purified water, only found in spa towns. That makes all the difference i heard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Drying the car using a towel is where most damage is inflicted, along with poor washing of course.

ph1-172
Really? I thought driving into things caused the most damage. will be keeping an eye on those micro fibre towels in my garage. lol

Red
Chavvy? R u a fuckin moron. Clearly.

I take it that is aimed at me? And yes the way the paint scheme was on the car it made seem a bit "try hard" and "chavvy" in my opinion clearly.

S, to label someone a moron you really should use the Queens English and some grammar wouldn't go a miss.

Snotter's
Not at all, each to their own. I couldn't care if you wash it with rocks, it's still yours.

But it's not perfect out the box. Just look at the Studio on DW to see the state new cars come in. Remember the protection put on this car is almost like a second lacquer. It's super protective on a very expensive car.

Easy cleaning aswell when he wants to.

This exactly,my dads friend took delivery if his mclaren 2 weeks ago, the first problem he had was during the PDI stage which delayed handover and the second is that the aircon doesnt work.

As for how clean the car was when i handover a BMW i make sure they are cleaner.

Incredible car but the wheels look horrid in the flesh and actually look plastic.