ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

McLaren F1 vs. Clio V6 & the Clio wins!

This is dedicated to anyone who says that the V6 isnt that special:

I was driving into work around the ring road in Oxford on Friday when I see a McLaren F1 waiting to come onto the roundabout on the other carriageway. That in itself was good to see - its only the second time Ive ever seen one and the first time was about 8 years ago in Woking. Anyway, what really made my day was seeing a kids face in the passenger window excitedly pointing at my car!

I knew my V6 255 was special when I turned up to view mine and the guy selling it showed me his Ferrari 575 and was just waiting for delivery of his own McLaren - an SLR.

Those who know buy Clio V6s! Get them while you still can.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

lmfao @ McBunny - reminds me of the Bev/Kev advert... "we used to have one of those" LOL.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 18 July 2005
sure it wasnt dad dad look its one of those french sh*t boxes ??

what, you were there too? That was a coincidence!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol the kid is in possibly the best supercar ever and gets excited about a fat clio.... i think not ! im sure if u stopped and he got out and u said, which car do u prefer daddys supercar or my clio with widearches and a laguna v6 engine in the boot??? i guarantee u he would say maclaren f1 lol

Beetle

i like the v6, but maybe the boy cudve been sayin "cmon daddy whoop his ass", (its still a special car tho imo)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh cos his dad drives a f1.... he has to proove himself by wasting a clio lol ??? walking out his house, lifting the door getting in and starting it is enuff proof for the owner i would think !

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Imagine the pub chat - what you driving these days mate, oh ive got a Renault Clio V6 - oh right, you? McLaren F1....

*tumbleweed*

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 18 July 2005

yeh cos his dad drives a f1.... he has to proove himself by wasting a clio lol ??? walking out his house, lifting the door getting in and starting it is enuff proof for the owner i would think !
i was suggesting that it would be the kind of thing a kid would say, not that the father would need to prove the capabilites of his car

imo the clio V6 is better looking than a McLaren F1, sure the F1 beats it in every other way bar cost but i dont like the look of the F1, (Id still have one though)

as for Malices comment, the kids probably used to the F1 and other cars like it so likes seeing something different

I followed a new ferarri through the main street ot town in an old kitcar and guess which all the kids were looking at? me :D Id much rather have the ferrari but it doesnt mean other people would

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by docter fox on 18 July 2005
imo the clio V6 is better looking than a McLaren F1, sure the F1 beats it in every other way bar cost but i dont like the look of the F1, (Id still have one though)as for Malices comment, the kids probably used to the F1 and other cars like it so likes seeing something differentI followed a new ferarri through the main street ot town in an old kitcar and guess which all the kids were looking at? me :D Id much rather have the ferrari but it doesnt mean other people would

i agree foxy, i have never been a fan of the lines of the F1, theres just something not right about it.

I see more ferraris than V6s (although never seen an F1 on the road)

The kid (like his father) is probably into his cars and appreciates the V6 and may have never seen one before.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 18 July 2005

lol the kid is in possibly the best supercar ever and gets excited about a fat clio.... i think not ! im sure if u stopped and he got out and u said, which car do u prefer daddys supercar or my clio with widearches and a laguna v6 engine in the boot??? i guarantee u he would say maclaren f1 lol

Im sure he would, so would I...lol

£995,000 car against a £25,000 car....... I could then sell the f1 buy a ferrari and a 400bhp V6 clio...... :)

also if you asked him whether he would prefer the V6 clio or a chav like dented stupid winged Clio turbo with an engine out of a volvo 360 in it, he would go for the V6.....lol...;)

Simon.;)

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 19 July 2005

im sure the macca when it came out cost around 600k

did, but now tend to see them for sale at over a Million??

new they where around £600k

Simon.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

bloody hell i didnt know that, i suppose it was gonna happen though, they are like the most amazing machines ever

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 18 July 2005
Imagine the pub chat - what you driving these days mate, oh ive got a Renault Clio V6 - oh right, you? McLaren F1....

*tumbleweed*

LMAO Thatll be so funny if it happened

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 18 July 2005

If you asked him whether he would prefer the V6 clio or a chav like dented stupid winged Clio turbo with an engine out of a volvo 360 in it, he would go for the V6

Simon.;)

Im wanting one of these, where can they be sourced from, is it a grey import only, or are Renault keeping this model under raps for a little while?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 19 July 2005
If you asked him whether he would prefer the V6 clio or a chav like dented stupid winged Clio turbo with an engine out of a volvo 360 in it, he would go for the V6Simon.;)

Im wanting one of these, where can they be sourced from, is it a grey import only, or are Renault keeping this model under raps for a little while?[/QUOTE]

LOL, you stick to your people carrier!;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

out a volvo 360 ?? since when... if your gonna try and have a pop atleast get your facts right....

clio is pretty much dead ne way... new car on the way.... will race u at pod with it completely standard against your v6 guarantee it will beat u 1/4mile, spend 1k on shocks for it, and it will hand it to u on a track too lol.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 19 July 2005

If you asked him whether he would prefer the V6 clio or a chav like dented stupid winged Clio turbo with an engine out of a volvo 360 in it, he would go for the V6

Simon.;)

Im wanting one of these, where can they be sourced from, is it a grey import only, or are Renault keeping this model under raps for a little while?

LOL, you stick to your people carrier!;)

Cheeky f**ker!!! ;)

Ill have you know thats the most expensive car Renault currently make, im smoking about in the "range topper", lol. :D

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 July 2005

out a volvo 360 ?? since when... if your gonna try and have a pop atleast get your facts right....

clio is pretty much dead ne way... new car on the way.... will race u at pod with it completely standard against your v6 guarantee it will beat u 1/4mile, spend 1k on shocks for it, and it will hand it to u on a track too lol.

double hard!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 19 July 2005

Pmsl..I dont do "Pod racing"..... If all I wanted to do was race people everywhere Id have a Noble,Tuscan or EVO FQ400 or such.... :D

So what NEW car are you getting then thats faster 1/4 mile than a V6 std, but crap at handling??

Simon.

Simon, chill brother!!!

p.s. Mars Red is a sh*t colour for a vee ;)

Yeah I know, I wanted sh*t grey with a big dent on the side but they had sold out to Malice......damn....;)

Simon

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 19 July 2005

Simon, chill brother!!!

p.s. Mars Red is a sh*t colour for a vee ;)

Yeah I know, I wanted sh*t grey with a big dent on the side but they had sold out to Malice......damn....;)

Simon

LMFAO!! Oh well, better luck next time.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 19 July 2005

no drinking and posting please lads, and if you are, limit yourselves to 1 please.
Can we set a limit slightly lower for Mr Ickle Newms please?