ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Maximum MPG in a 200

Clio 200 RS + SRB
Hey Guys,

This is mainly a curious question, whats the highest MPG people have gotten in a 200?

Mine is currently at 29.5 and ive worked dam hard to get that lol

Im not complaining of course but was just wondering. Has anyone gotten to the 30's yet?

Cheers

Mike

Meg 250/E36 Touring
140 mile round trip to Kent and back sees 34 mpg (mainly motorway/a roads)

I average about 29.5 and thats not hanging around, just using the chassis as it's intended;) (rather than revving it all the time)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Good going, i used to see 22 ish or even single figures on track.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I get average of 23-26 if I'm feeling good then about 15-19 but on aroun trip to London from Manchester I got 32.4

Clio 200 RS + SRB
hmmm....thats cool, i was just curious because i know its an average. So ive gotten more and less than that. But coming back from Edinburgh yesterday i made use of the Speed limiter and cruise control to see what maximum i could get. sticking between 65-70 ish on motorways then around 45-50 on side roads (by time i got to them dense fog had set in, couldnt see more than 50 metres or so) and thats how i got 29.5.

And im proud of that lol

LY 200
^Thats bloody good!

Best iv seen in my 197 is 25.1 and that was driving like 'super nun'! Low 22's when driving it like it should be driven!

Im hoping she gets better with the miles.

PS 200
I tried super nun - managed to get 34/5 ish - but was in danger of falling asleep.

Getaway driver FTW :).

Lucky enough to pretty much not have any stop / start on my a-b road commute (except for when I leave / Arrive) :cool:

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
yeah thats not too bad, TBH my 197 isnt as bad as people make out, between me giving it some beans and the missus driving like a nun we average 29-29.8 ish, sometimes goes down to 28's when iv had it for a few miles :D. saw 34 when I took it on run to chesterfield on all A/M roads once!

Cupped 200
one time managed around 35mpg but never seen that again... usually im between 31 and 28. Driving on 98 Octane. worst ive gotten was 19,3 with highspeed driving on Autobahn in it. Wasnt on Track till now has to be said.

LY 200
yeah thats not too bad, TBH my 197 isnt as bad as people make out, between me giving it some beans and the missus driving like a nun we average 29-29.8 ish, sometimes goes down to 28's when iv had it for a few miles :D. saw 34 when I took it on run to chesterfield on all A/M roads once!

They are possibly as different as the 182's were then!

My old one used to get 38-40 at all times (it wasnt driven any differently to the 197) yet most seemed to report early to mid 30's!

29 is a fair bit more than im seeing! I do only use the best juice form Shell (or BP as a substitute) too so i cant figure why its so low really!

albi 197
my 197 is on 44k and coming back from Fred's earlier I managed 19.4mpg lol. That wasn't even hard driving.

Clio 197
mine been driving for just under a week in the 200 on my 2nd tank of unleaded and im getting 29.6MPG just waiting for some decent weather to really have a good play.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Around 34-35mpg on decent runs at steady speed is easily attainable in my 200:approve:

Using Esso SUL 98RON.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
They are possibly as different as the 182's were then!

My old one used to get 38-40 at all times (it wasnt driven any differently to the 197) yet most seemed to report early to mid 30's!

29 is a fair bit more than im seeing! I do only use the best juice form Shell (or BP as a substitute) too so i cant figure why its so low really!

Maybe Jay, im running mine on higher octane stuff, but I seem to keep getting caught short so its an odd mix of sainsburys/tesco/shell lol. Mines also only on 9k miles so not far off you. Maybe its just your right foot? or my optimstic ECU?

LY 200
^I dont think my right foots the reason mate as, as said i drive this car no different to the 182 i had for years prior but that car reported pretty high readings when compared with the same car elsewhere!

Also my driving has been mostly round town so far rather than A roads and motorways so this could be a reason too.

197 Sport
Had my 200 since December now, from new, and have done nearly 2k miles, split 50/50 motorway/A roads. I have never reset the trip computer yet just to see what I average and I'm on 27.8mpg. 50% of driving done by me with a heavy right foot, 50% of driving done by the wife (aka Miss Daisy!)
So Im guessing the figure would be lower had I done 100% of the driving!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Honestly not sure then Jay maybe as you said each car could vary, seems a bit drastic though. all down to driving style/routes etc etc blah blah blah. So you got a nimbus in the end then...