ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Not really an update, more of a 'driving tale' :eek:

Had a play with an Audi S3 today on a private road....

Upto a good speed the Fiesta wasn't showed up. The S3 was pulling away but not by much.

I was very surprised by the pace of the little car upto a good speed.

I think the guy driving the S3 was a little shocked :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The more miles I put on mine the more i realise I 100% neednto mountune it. Doesn't feel anywhere near as quick as my R32, which on paper it isn't. But I've got it for two years and I need a little more pace.

Fiesta ST-2
I'm feeling the need for more power too, I'm just not sure I can justify spending money on a the car I'm handing back.

The tuner I use has theirs running 330ish bhp, bigger turbo etc. Awesome little things, can see me owning one after the RS.

Fiesta ST3
Surely you wouldn't be able to modify it anyway, or is it just a case of take off the Mountune (if that's possible) when you need to hand it back?

Mountune cant be taken off as such, its a remap

you can take the badge off and replace the air box back to standard though

how about something like a Revo SPS, hand held device, you can use it to put it back to stock, have no idea how it compares to a Mountune though, but this will void warranty (if they check)

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Any write ups anywhere Joe?

Company called peron are about to release there p300 kit which you can work out the power. Several tuners have been testing this setup on a stock engine, 330bhp and 8k revs and they refuse to die! ;)

watch this space.

If I had a lease car, I would be putting a map on ffeom finsport, Collins etc. about the £350 mark and are brilliant

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
image.jpg

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I thought the manifolds on these ecoboost engines were part of the cylinder head?
At least the 2.0 is, but that is being replaced now

I think your right Jaff, on the 2.0 that is.

I noticed you mentioned the 2.0 is to be replaced, where have you seen that info from?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I think your right Jaff, on the 2.0 that is.

I noticed you mentioned the 2.0 is to be replaced, where have you seen that info from?

Im 100% right on the 2.0 I just googled and found some pictures lol. The 1.6 must be different then.

if you google 2.0 ecoboost it's a few links down. It's being replaced by another 2.0 but it will be a new engine.

cant work it out personally

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Im 100% right on the 2.0 I just googled and found some pictures lol. The 1.6 must be different then.

if you google 2.0 ecoboost it's a few links down. It's being replaced by another 2.0 but it will be a new engine.

cant work it out personally

Thanks just had a read, seems strange that it's only been in use for 4 years!? Like it said maybe it just cutting the mustard in the mpg front?
So the facelift ST still has your engine then.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks just had a read, seems strange that it's only been in use for 4 years!? Like it said maybe it just cutting the mustard in the mpg front?
So the facelift ST still has your engine then.

That seems the only issue. Seems a tad extreme to design a whole new engine just to better mpg. I mean the current engine is full of tech that can be adjusted to get better mpg. Just doesn't make sense, but who am I to question!?

im not sure mate, I have a feeling they may put the new engine in it, that's why it was delayed until next year. The RS was supposed to be here by then FFS :( lol

dont know if this engine business devalues my car or anything but I know the yanks have one up to 400bhp in a fusion (mondeo to me and you ;)) so they're a very capable engine if a little thirsty

Any write ups anywhere Joe?

May be on the Fiesta forum but I'm not sure, was Simon telling me about when I was in getting my intercooler fitted. IIRC it has the Peron kit that detail chris mentioned fitted to it. Huge (functional) wing and splitter etc on it too, absolute weapon.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Company called peron are about to release there p300 kit which you can work out the power. Several tuners have been testing this setup on a stock engine, 330bhp and 8k revs and they refuse to die! ;)

Sure it wont take long to die at that power and revs lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
May be on the Fiesta forum but I'm not sure, was Simon telling me about when I was in getting my intercooler fitted. IIRC it has the Peron kit that detail chris mentioned fitted to it. Huge (functional) wing and splitter etc on it too, absolute weapon.

Pics?

RB182cup&golf gti
The more miles I put on mine the more i realise I 100% neednto mountune it. Doesn't feel anywhere near as quick as my R32, which on paper it isn't. But I've got it for two years and I need a little more pace.

Mine has the mountune kit on although I just potter in mine and it comfortably returns 42mpg. The only time I reacted to a car tailing me (on a private road) and decided it to give it some beans was a couple of months ago against a golf gti mk6 and there was literally naff all in it. If I'm honest I was disappointed as thought I'd be quicker, but think the golf driver was more disappointed given that he was driving so close behind me! No idea if his was standard or not.
I'm seriously impressed with the fuel economy though. I've only used the car for commuting on 30 roads over the last two months and I've managed 410 miles on the tank which I think is great.

Not sure if these will work as they're off FB, but:

10438547_738918682816160_7812732544713739907_n.jpg

1520767_738764986164863_5238373235847968762_n.jpg

His thoughts on the spoiler are that he doesn't care if he looks a tw*t on the road in it as it's taken 2 seconds off his lap time at Knockhill, it's correctly angled to spread the downforce underneath and into the centre of the car. Armchair tuners may disagree but I'm inclined to believe a well known tuner/track regular who's also been a competitor in the Time Attack series.

Anyway sorry to the OP for spamming the thread, Lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh god, think i'm going to cancel my order now after seeing that picture.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport

Simon from Sitech right?! Yeah his is using peron kit and at around 312 bhp with meth. Absolute weapon and that spoiler- funny as fukc!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
300+ in one of these must be a right laugh
Does it put the power down well too?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's proper cool... because it's functional. No wonder he doesn't give a f**k.

Simon from Sitech right?! Yeah his is using peron kit and at around 312 bhp with meth. Absolute weapon and that spoiler- funny as fukc!

Yeah that's the one! 313 at the wheels so probably 330 or so at the fly? The spoiler is awesome!

Looks Hideous!

Function over form, it's not some 17 year old with a fetish for spoilers at least.

That's proper cool... because it's functional. No wonder he doesn't give a f**k.

Indeed. Draws attention to his business and makes the car quicker. Win, win for him.

Hi people, I've not updated the thread for some time as not much as happened really. In short, I'm still loving the car. It's a cracking all-rounder. Does everything really well and the economy is excellent.

Here are a few of the pictures I took when I fitted the splitter (forgot to add them to this thread).

14451660242_8bb78a2787_c.jpg

IMG_6373 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14266350979_a09e698e4a_c.jpg

IMG_6380 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14266334339_b4ffd5d6dd_c.jpg

IMG_6386 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

14256780590_8a5442563a_c.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

I also tried the 'remove the little foam thing' mod as recommended by MarkCup. Took about 30 seconds to do but in all honesty; I haven't noticed a difference. Maybe as its got the standard airbox and not the Mountune one...

14842875857_12f46d19a3_c.jpg

15026356121_ec80a564b9_c.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I did the mod yesterday, then went for a trip down to the south coast. It seemed quieter lower down but right at the tippy top of the rev range it sounded a fair bit less aggressive, I think I prefer it to having the little bit of foam in.

splitter looks great btw.