ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's Titanium Clio 182

Hi,

So following on from another thread (where I received a lot of helpful info from many people - so big thanks) I now have a 2005 Titanium Clio 182.

The car is going to be used for an occasional weekend blaster and track car for me and my other half.

It was owned my a member of another Clio forum (the car was covered in forum stickers) and has been really well looked after from what I can see. In the last year its had well over £1,500 spent on it, including belts and dephaser, new scorpion exhaust with decat, waterpump, clutch, starter motor, various engine mounts etc etc. A lot of this work was carried out by MicKPM, so I know its been looked after.

Its on 106k miles but it feels like the strongest 182 I have driven (this is my forth). There are some bad bits, which I will now list...

- Bonnet has a few rust bubbles, so I will be looking to replace this.
- The front bumper was re-sprayed using the wrong primer, so its more gold than silver :(
- Various interior trim items are scratched, so with the help of ebay, these are in the process of being replaced
- A few small dinks here and there, but nothing major...

The car is currently fitted with OZ F1s, wrapped in 3 decent tyres, and one ditch-finder...

It also has Recaro Treadlines from a Trophy. This has brought on the service and airbag light, which Im hoping @dann2707 is going to help me with soon ;)

So far I have ordered:

- New gear knob insert (as its currently shagged)
- 3M headlight restoration kit (headlights are clouded)
- New climate control unit (as its also currently shagged)
- New front badge (wrapped in CF which I'm not a fan of)

Also booked in for a front end re-spray which will sort the above mentioned gold colouration on the front bumper.

Then there will be a rear cage going in with harnesses and an OMP Trecanto wheel.

Anyway, time for some pictures.

20851893565_3895fab577_c.jpg
IMG_8479 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20842283502_14532133d3_c.jpg
IMG_8488 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20851863365_b66e994f38_c.jpg
IMG_8489 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20859016321_611e32df1a_c.jpg
IMG_8491 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20842287842_12476a517e_c.jpg
IMG_8484 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20663798970_b39ef0da30_c.jpg
IMG_8492 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20842262072_b98a24b887_c.jpg
IMG_8494 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20665234549_01f7283f4d_c.jpg
IMG_3593 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

A friend, who is also a neighbour has given me the usage of their garage, so its nice and tucked away...

20851968735_ed52ea724a_c.jpg
IMG_3600 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

20230979053_9f72c5e715_c.jpg
IMG_3599 by Matt Walker, on Flickr

I'll keep this thread updated with all the bits and bobs Im doing as I image this will be a fairly long running project :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Silver 182's always look so clean, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

New rear plate on the list to do?

Clio 182
Oh god. Been saying to myself, 'be sensible, save for a while' and this thread turns up. Subscribing to this, will be bad for my bank balance though!

Oh, looks great though, best colour imo. Im biased though!

Silver 182's always look so clean, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

New rear plate on the list to do?

Our private plate will be going on asap, so yes new clean plates all round :)

Mark even!

Yes I beleive so. You know him mate? He lives in Derby..

Oh god. Been saying to myself, 'be sensible, save for a while' and this thread turns up. Subscribing to this, will be bad for my bank balance though!

Oh, looks great though, best colour imo. Im biased though!

Thanks mate.

Oh nice. Seat fwiend too, they are awesome.

They are very comfy. Not amazing bolster support but infinitely better than the standard seats. Look good too. Just need to sort out the wiring..

Also need to get the plastic trim that covered the seat belts as they have gone walk about.

First job was to paint the bright yellow callipers something a little more subtle. Hammerite Smooth Silver did the trick...

Before:

20825690426_397682c1e3_c.jpg

20663986448_1bfb675b4e_c.jpg

During:

20825688626_8e4ab65e47_c.jpg

After:

20229378484_71a51b57b4_c.jpg

20851978125_9caa0d7538_c.jpg

I also decided to remove the mudguards that had been fitted. Not my cup of tea... There was so much crap behind them so glad I had them off and in the bin.

20663925700_512dd7f6ed_c.jpg

20825684446_4717211962_c.jpg

20665239209_925ccca560_c.jpg

Also forgot to mention the car has an OMP front strut brace :smile:

20859136751_0f3606fd24_c.jpg

I also decided to remove the fake carbon fibre. Not my style.

Before:

20230980693_56a2c2f576_c.jpg

After:

20842387082_f2f82d4f7d_c.jpg

ah Marks old car! he spent so much money on that car, it had so many problems but he got them all sorted via Mick. I did wonder where the silver bullet would end up

So it's a fairly well known car then by the sounds of it?

The receipts he gave me certainly show that he spent a small fortune on it!
extremely well known yeah mate, was a reps car, at all the meets/shows etc. It had Turinis, Blue Samco engine hose, blue ktec IK and a few other bits so he must of sold them bits. He has a 197 now. But yeah small fortune for sure spent on it.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks better without the carbon fibre bits and with the silver calipers.

Did you rub down the calipers at all to get the crap off before painting? Need to do mine soon.

Thanks for that! Whats the difference? One res and one non-res?
no mate they are 2 totally different models, different design, sound, tips etc :)

the SRN019D comes in 2 models, resonated and non-resonated and 2 options of tailpipe tip styles, daytona and le-mans. Daytona is the slashcut one that you have and im fairly certain yours is non-resonated with a decat. Cost about £400 new.

Update: All the parts I have ordered online have started to arrive now, so decided to start sorting them all. All minor cosmetic things at the moment as you will see.

First up was the gear stick insert. Really worn so ordered a new one off ebay for a fiver...

Before:

image.jpg

And after...

image.jpg

Next up was the climate control unit. It works fine but it's a bit worn, so ordered a repayment.

Old:

image.jpg

And the replacement part...

image.jpg

However, I've got the wrong part. It's got a different part number to the origional and doesn't work consistantly so it's back on eBay and the old unit is back in place for now.

Next up was the front badge. It was wrapped in fake carbon fibre which made the car look dated IMO. So I replaced it with a new OEM badge.

Before:

image.jpg

And after...

image.jpg

Finally for today's update; the car has had a poor front bumper respray in the past. The paint is very soft and it's totally the wrong colour!

This is getting sorted in September as I have it booked into a local body shop for a front end respray :)

Despite this, the lack of black bumper inserts was annoying me. Didn't fancy payin £35 for some OEM ones from Renault so got some Matt black wrap from ebay for £1 and made my own!

Now these arent great, but they will only be on for a few weeks until the respray (I'll get some OEM ones after thats done).

Before..
image.jpg

And after...
image.jpg

It's coming along nicely.

Matt.

Another update...

My automotive carpet arrived today to replace the temporary grey carpet that was already fitted.

Bought from ebay for the grand sum of £12! Bargain.

So before...

image.jpg

Took this out so I could cut round the grey carpet..

image.jpg

Cut round he new black automotive carpet...

image.jpg

And after a lot of measuring and trimming the final product. Really chuffed with it. I'm not going to stick it down yet, as no doubt it will have to come out when the cage is fitted. Thanks to @Diesel Davis for inspiration and answering my questions about his cage/false floor :)

image.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Another update...

My automotive carpet arrived today to replace the temporary grey carpet that was already fitted.

Bought from ebay for the grand sum of £12! Bargain.

So before...

View attachment 135243

Took this out so I could cut round the grey carpet..

View attachment 135244

Cut round he new black automotive carpet...

View attachment 135245

And after a lot of measuring and trimming the final product. Really chuffed with it. I'm not going to stick it down yet, as no doubt it will have to come out when the cage is fitted. Thanks to @Diesel Davis for inspiration and answering my questions about his cage/false floor :)

View attachment 135246
Looks bloody awesome mate! I'm glad you liked what I had done, to do it to your own Clio. Depending what cage you go for, it shouldn't get in the way of the mat.
But like you said I wouldn't risk it as once it's stuck down it would be a pig to remove!