ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mates charade gtti 998cc

Evo 8 Jap Crap
His cars in fast car next month :)

3725509679_63ffa7c260.jpg

3725510797_acb64cda85.jpg

3726318488_7703d2f8c2.jpg

ISTSShoot061.jpg

ISTSShoot067.jpg

ISTSShoot068.jpg

ISTSShoot069.jpg

187Bhp + 155ft/lbs @ the wheels :cool:

Fully rebuilt 998cc block with an Impreza TD04 Turbo

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Love these little beasts. Ive got the engine of one sitting in my garage as I'd love to drop it into a mini at some point. They can be as much as 200bhp with very little work. Daihatsu designed the engines really well and the were very much performance focused. The reason they settled on 993cc for instance was they worked out that a cylinder with a displacement of 330cc was the most effecient at producing power in a 4 stroke engine......useless fact I know. I'd love to see what one would produce if fitted with top quality pistons and rods. I'd bet 250+bhp.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Love these little beasts. Ive got the engine of one sitting in my garage as I'd love to drop it into a mini at some point. They can be as much as 200bhp with very little work. Daihatsu designed the engines really well and the were very much performance focused. The reason they settled on 993cc for instance was they worked out that a cylinder with a displacement of 330cc was the most effecient at producing power in a 4 stroke engine......useless fact I know. I'd love to see what one would produce if fitted with top quality pistons and rods. I'd bet 250+bhp.

Jefs is around 220bhp and is a fully rebuilt block

Original 993cc 12v twin cam engine
-Full engine rebuild including:
- Main bearings oversized
-Big end bearings
-Reground crank then polished
-Boars Honed
-New piston Rings (uprated)
-New head gasket uprated
-Valves re-seated and shimmed
-Cyclinder head ported and polished and skimmed plus comression tested
-Full engine gasket kit
-engine block paint stripped and re-painted
-new oil pump
-new thermostat
-New balenced shaft bearings
-8mm Magnacor racing HT leads
-Rocker cover painted black
-Piper Cross Foam air filter
-Universal front mount intercooler 50mm outlets
-50mm intercooler pipes mix of solid and silicone plus umgraged hose clamps
-Subaru impreza TD04 turbo
-Custom exhaust manafold
-Custom down pipe 2 and a half inch
-2 and a half " exhaust system with middle box and back box made by Blue Flame
-rx7 1990 non turbo 460cc injectors
-Polished gear box
-Phontom grip lsd fitted in gear box
-Greddy profec boost controller
-Greddy emanage piggy back ecu controlling fuel and ignition
-greddy 3 bar map sensor
-custom oil catch can and engine breathing system
-Honda accord ally radiator
-Fuel pressure regulator running at 3 bar
-Sports Clutch with 50% uprated exceedy pressure plate plus bearing
-Lightend and balenced flywheel
-Extra engine earths
-Aftermarket fan mounted to radiator

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Looks quality mate! I can beleive that power output too. Like I say though, would love to see one with a full on forged motor as opposed to one thats just been rebuilt with a bigger turbo and better ancillaries. I wouldnt be a bit suprised if 300bhp/litre is possible if thatss the case with your mates car.

B

Brown.

A mate if mine crashed in one of these s**t boxes at 50 and lost a leg....build quality is 'A'

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
A car with the same engine capacity as Cinquecento with over 200bhp, that's unbelievable.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
always wanted one when i was younger lol! used to a guy with a black one on black rims round here used to go like mad, used to take the vacume feed off the actuator and run as much boost as he could before he got scared, engine never blew either!

225 powered mk2
Didnt know you knew jef. He lives just down the road from my girlfriends, he took me to the pod in it last year, The power of it is just crazy. However, he had it off the road for a few months after USC 09 as he blew the headgasket and had problems. Think he has put a smaller turbo on it now though. Awesome car and he really looks after it. ran 14.6 at the pod last time irrc.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There's one in our local skyline tuners. The owner wants 300bhp from it. 100bhp per 332cc cylinder! Mad.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I love them. I like the way the engine just looks to have had a piston cut off. Proper looking block for a 998.

Still id rather a starlet in this day and age for small engine power.

I like it though.

ITB BG 182
A chap in Nottingham used to have one of these couple of years back, it beat literally everything on the road and around the circuit.
I would have had one but its a little too small for me.