ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matched inlets (Feddback/views)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi, i'm looking into getting matched inlets for my 182. I've just missed the group buy on these but of those people who have had the work completed what do you think and has anyone had the car on the RR before and after?

Im more interested in those who had the RS Stamped inlets to begin with though as i've heard that having these matched won't make much improvement.

Thanks guys

Gaz

106 GTI
I had rs stamped ones and it has made a difference, def more torque bottom end.

Also had the ptfe gaskets fitted

172 cup
mid range torque very slightly improved and made top end reving a bit more free the 6k-7k point. To be honest cant say i've gained much power, nothing noticeable anyway. Best thing I can say about them is better mpg

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
i dont see why people complain about them. its not a mod that is going to completly change the performance of your car. its only slightly improving airflow. to feel real benifits of this, you need a decent airfilter polished throttle body and match the ports on the head. all coupled up together it will make a diffrence. but on its own, nothing major.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Again, I had RS inlets on my cup and I didnt really notice much of a difference after fitting matched inlets. Maybe a very slight improvement in torque lower down the rev-range but thats about it.

Oh and I've got a polished/'ported' TB and an espace V6 airbox with CAF to the front grill FYI ^

RS inlets provide the least appreciative gains. The worst results, provided by an upset customer, were 1bhp peak gains. However his midrange increased 6bhp and 6lb.ft pre remap.

Saying this, 6bhp is still hard to notice.......its only the power of a good lawnmower.

106 GTI
What people dont realise is that its a cheap mod for more power, and the same with any na engine small mods coupled together make a big difference.

Insignia SRi
Yeah, im having mine done on the 14th by Jam Sport and im not expecting huge gains but combined with a bit of weight saving and better breathing mods im hoping to notice little difference. More MPG too!

Strengthend up the front end by fitting a strut brace Wed, makes a much better handling car!!:D

Insignia SRi
I went for an OMP brace, really stiffens the car up.

Iv got a non cup 172 so slightly softer set up anyway but now you can really give it the beans in the twisties and it copes really well, nice and flat!!

Only took 10mins to fit!!

Golf V6 4Motion
it makes me laugh when people complain about not seeing a huge difference - your only flowing an inlet (and in some instances reducing intake temps) so bang for buck is actually very good and is a good way of helping it all breathe better.

without spending mega bucks your not going to see a vast improvement in performance - however all the little things you do (which we all do because it is a spread of cost) add together to make a better more driveable car - every little counts and at the end of it all you'd be suprised how much better it is than standard.

NB: i look at it like upgrading an amplifier - you can seperate the components one by one to reduce interference, add one seperation at a time and you will hear no difference, build it up and each one you will notice no difference - take them all away at the end and only then will you realise how much better it is!

Mental 172 Cup
i had rs stamped inlets and i noticed a big difference! even my old man noticed it when he sat in so i was well pleased with what i spent!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
it makes me laugh when people complain about not seeing a huge difference - your only flowing an inlet (and in some instances reducing intake temps) so bang for buck is actually very good and is a good way of helping it all breathe better.

We weren't complaining at all, just stating our views/feedback from our own personal experience as requested by the guy who started the thread.

Sorry - matched inlets are the best thing since sliced bread!!1

tbh i couldnt tell when i had mine done at the same time as fitting a decat, but then think about it, if you gain 8bhp its still less than a 5% increase in power, have to be sensitive to feel it, but they all add up!

172 cup

no-ones saying that they havnt noticed a differance. Yes it is an improvement but does/has it made as much as an improvement as most tuners and people make out on my car . . . . NO

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Has anyone got a picture of where the rs is stamped on the rs stamped inlets? Took off my fuel rail gaurd last night and got a morror out. Couldnt see anything?

172 cup
thats weird. I am rite in thinking yours is a cup from your pic? Check engine code matches to one on VIN might of had a different one at some point?

Audi TT
172 with RS inlets to matched with PTFE and noticed no difference at all I'm afraid. Oh well. live and learn :)

G

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
cheers for all the feedback guys, im still undecided weather to get it done or not as there are mixed reviews

106 GTI
if you plan on feeding more air to the engine and fitting a performance exhaust accompanied by a remap then id say yes

200 Gordini
cheers for all the feedback guys, im still undecided weather to get it done or not as there are mixed reviews

Im getting mine done on Tuesday, i've got a 182 so most probably got the RS stamped inlet (never checked tough!)

I'll either post up in this thread or drop you a pm to let you know my views

Its a mod that i plan to tie together with other mods like zorst + remap in the future. IMO it will be for the best in the long run

VaVa
Made sweet FA to mine. I had RS inlet on my 172 originally.

It's one of those 'pot luck' mods really. You might gain a lot, you might gain sweet FA. That's the gamble!

172 mk2 Iceberg
RSstamp.jpg

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
if you plan on feeding more air to the engine and fitting a performance exhaust accompanied by a remap then id say yes

I have exhaust and remap - do you think i would notice some better gains with these than without them yeah?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Im getting mine done on Tuesday, i've got a 182 so most probably got the RS stamped inlet (never checked tough!)

I'll either post up in this thread or drop you a pm to let you know my views

Its a mod that i plan to tie together with other mods like zorst + remap in the future. IMO it will be for the best in the long run

ok thanks mate let me know how it goes as you seem to be in the same situation as me

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
do you think jamsport would do another group discount for like 5people?

I hope so mate, in fact i might drop them an email to find out. Im sure we could get 5 people together - i doubt it would be many more though as its so close to the last group buy

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
yeah true mate but if we can get 6 people its £18 and £28 for 10+, plus another couple of quid saving on the PTFE gaskets.

This is the previous group buy so hopefully we can set up the same again. £20 saving is better than nothing isnt it

Jam-Sport Offer
(Also teamed up with Hill_Power_Clio's PTFE gasket Kit)

Inlet only:
1-5 people £138 - current special offer price
6-10 people £120
11-20 people £110
20+ people £100 - optimistic.....

PTFE Gaskets only:
5-10 sets - £37.50
11+ sets - £35

Inlets and Gaskets:
1-5 people - £175.50
6-10 people - £155
11-20 people - £145
20+ people - £130

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I have send Mark an email asking about doing it again so i post up what he comes back with, hopefully we can just do the same as the one above as it will be easy to set up