ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Many Fault Codes

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
upload_2016-4-22_18-34-13.png

Limp mode kicked in today, i'm thinking O2 sensor is more than likely the culprit, A/C refrigeration sensor is probably freaking out because the A/C got binned years ago, although i've never seen that fault code before.

I've no clue what the deal is with other 3 though :

Brake info fault
Shift Light fault
Inconsistency between track 1-2 pedal

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Corrosion on the connectors is quite often an issue, IIRC you can strip it down and clean everything up.

dan's cast offs.
check connectors on the pedal, white plug and throttle body. then check continuity from pedal plug to ecu plug, then from body plug to ecu plug. then check resistance on both tracks at the ecu plug.

then discover it will ether work when you pu it back together as you had a dodgy connection or there is a break in the loom somewhere that will probably take you ages to find:wink:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Don't fancy my chances driving up the M1 in limp mode at 2k rpm in 5th, 30mph on the motorway will probably get me killed.

I have a mate with a fully kitted out garage at my disposal, if I can't fix it on the driveway he'll definitely fix it.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Come down the garage tommorow if you get chance , I'll check the pedal , and you get an o2 sensor , I'll change that too. ( hence why I said get a Bosch one, less likely to fail than the cheaper s**t euro's sell )

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
On the ecp site there's 3, one of them says 'rear' so that must be after cat, the other 2 i'm not sure about, i'll just buy the cheaper Bosch one and hope that's the one.

PH2 172
On the ecp site there's 3, one of them says 'rear' so that must be after cat, the other 2 i'm not sure about, i'll just buy the cheaper Bosch one and hope that's the one.
As said,both sensors are the same,just buy the one with the longest lead.
My 172 would do 60mph in limp mode (3k rev limit).
Try operating the throttle pedal a few times with the ignition off,and then restart the engine.Used to clear the limp mode on mine.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
ECP number is 710745577
Nice one dude.

As said,both sensors are the same,just buy the one with the longest lead.
My 172 would do 60mph in limp mode (3k rev limit).
Try operating the throttle pedal a few times with the ignition off,and then restart the engine.Used to clear the limp mode on mine.
I had limp mode when I took the dog out, but not on the way home or going to work, I can't trust it though as the drive to work is all duel carrigeways, doing 40 on a 60 will cause many people to be angry with me.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
So it would appear there was nothing wrong with Lambda 1 or anything else for that matter, I had a look at the pedal box and when I touched the accelerator connector it clicked, I deleted the fault codes with my RSTuner and they've never come back and the car has ran perfectly for the past week, all that from a connector that probably got knocked by my foot and wasn't entirely plugged in properly.