ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

manifold bolt coolant?!

hi, i have a 1.4 8v e7j engine and the manifold has cracked. im told this is a common problem and i can just get it welded up so this is not a problem. however when i was removing the manifold, the bottom four bolts when removed leaked coolant?! i guess the bolts go through a coolant channel but can anyone verify this for me?

also i am losing coolant and oil, and im unsure of it being head gasket. im aware that it leaves a creamy foam around the filler cap and on the dip stick but i dont have the foam, only an orangy colour foam on the dipstick. oil often seeps out from somewhere (looks like head gasket area) and down onto the cat making it smoke from the engine bay!

please excuse the awful arrows!

manifold.jpg

any ideas?

thanks!

josh

HaHa, It was funny when we changed one of them exhaust manifolds for the 1ST time Also a bit scary thinking maybe the head was cracked, Engine was still under a bit of pressure and water gushed out of one of them studs.

Clio 172 ph2
maybe you are loosing coolant and oil from the thermostat casing on the rigt of the picture ...both oil and water go through there.