ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Man Utd Munich Memorial scarves on ebay!

GR7

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shiny red R32
Was anyone from here at the Man Utd v Man City game yesterday? I watched it on TV and saw that the fans were all given scarves in memory of the Munich air crash from 50 years ago, when 23 people, including 7 players died.

Some people always feel the need to make money :dapprove: and last night they started appearing on ebay and I have just noticed that one has bids of over £5,000 already! It looks like this person has three on ebay! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280199773277&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Personally I feel it's quite sad to do this... unless it is done genuinely in aid of a charity! Would you guys sell such a thing or keep it as a treasured memento?

Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  Bumder With A Buffer
thats a f**king disgrace if you ask me!! And ayway they re no different to the "old style" scarfs I have seen creeping round each ground this season (Emirates has had these type for a few years!)

Cam

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Cup
They have a tag sewn onto them with the date etc on it, thats why theyre going to sell well.

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 182
^^ yeah, it said the date of the game, who was playin, and what the occasion was. You also got given a programme from 1958 (print obviously) but it wouldn't surprise me if they got put on eBay.

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
People will sell anything to make money.

I agree with FM though, save it and sell it in a couple of years time.

For me it is a tragedy, but a memorial scarf isn't really a big thing to get worked up about.

Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  Bumder With A Buffer
To put this into perspective... A few years ago my Grandad passed away. During 1966 he worked at Wembley Stadium as Caretaker type person.

On Final day he got a programme signed by the whole England Team, Most of the russians, the ref, think Eusebio was on there too cant quite remember.

It was sold at an auction for £2500 (i think)

Also there was a bottle of champagne with "Reserved for England 1966" that was left over from there celebrations which he also got his hands on... that sold for £1700 i think.

I cant believe that a Man Utd scarf can be worth more than that stuff listed above.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've got a VIP Everton v Manure FA Cup final scarf. Yours for £5100!

I wonder if they played 'come fly with me' as they players came out on Saturday?

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
That's crazy, surely it wont be genuine bids!

Notice the people who bid on it were new members who pushed it from £150 upto £7800!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Jaguar XFR
gonna keep my scarf for a while but 5k!!! lol i threw the programme away!!! bollox

GR7

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shiny red R32
The correct action has taken place - people shouldn't be profiteering out of a tragedy that was attached to a football team that lost eight team members 50 years ago!