ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mallory Park - RTOC Weekend

It was the RTOC National Day/Weekend over the past few days, based at Mallory Park. Quite a big turnout, large variation of cars, but still alot of Renault Turbos around :)

...Camp Rig Up

IMG_6587.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

Mine on track...

IMG_6419.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6430.jpg

Until...

DSC00484.jpg

[youtube]OSh_DhRemYk[/youtube]

IMG_6577.jpg

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

And today I went home via...

DSC00486.jpg

Good weekend and well ran by RTOC...Went with drunknmunky/H182/bondy89/adamanderton/jamie rigby and a couple of others. Fun little circuit, will definately try to get back at some point in the future :)

Few pics I got of the other nice machinery out on track...

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

PH1 iceburg
Jesus how close was that to hitting the armco.

Car looked rapido until the box disaster.

172 sport
Its a shame the gearbox went you was going well,but the main thing is you and your passenger,and the car are still in one piece,and its a quick and cheap repair,it could have been alot worst.

Valver Box?

Yeah, was on 170k mind lol

Jesus how close was that to hitting the armco.

Car looked rapido until the box disaster.

a foot or two, lol

"Box is Fooked" made me lol....sorry

ha :approve:

diff sir-clip snapped mate? f**king shame that, you were going very well:(

It was welded up dude, not had the shaft out yet so dont know, new box has a bolt in diff anyway so shouldnt have any probs!

Wow you were properly shifting. Looks amazing.
Have you got a spare box?

Yup ready and waiting :)

172 & RSi
Looked rapid until that point, glad it didn't cause too much damage though, could have been a lot worse.

What did you tell the RAC guy to get him to take you home? lol

Looked rapid until that point, glad it didn't cause too much damage though, could have been a lot worse.

What did you tell the RAC guy to get him to take you home? lol

I said we had drove down last night, camped (I had the tent etc in my car) and were there for the bike racing that was on today...lol!

The full video of where the box went (probably fastest few laps of the day) is here:

[youtube]g4dlX9n4e5Q[/youtube]

DCi 100
I thought you totally mashed it when I read "Destroyed" in the youtube title :|

Your cars have definatly been/are the dogs b****cks tbh Fox.

Not a 320d
Unlucky mate, the thing was flying at Cadwell when i saw it, glad youve got a spare box to go back on !!! Is it another 1.8 16v box or one from the F4R ???

Unlucky mate, the thing was flying at Cadwell when i saw it, glad youve got a spare box to go back on !!! Is it another 1.8 16v box or one from the F4R ???

JB3 048, 1.8 box :)

Love ur car mate, perfect fun for the track.. great vid... I hate unhappy endings! :(

Its not too bad, box changed and back on the road already :)

IMG_6623.jpg

Welds snapped off and circlip gone...

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

Diff has moved too, anyhow back in with the new box :)

IMG_6650.jpg

All yesterday afternoon :cool:

permanant, its a JB3 that was bought from renault brand new not so long ago, with the newer 'bolt in' diff....shouldnt have any problems with it I hope!

320d
Take it thats the one of the blue valver that Martin put in not long before he sold you the car.

Hopefully that one will be fine like you say.

Cars looking good by the way.