ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making exhaust sit higher

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi all got my 172 cup back from garage,got full scorpion system just fitted anfd love it,but m8 in garage said get a better exhaust mount to make it sit higher where can i get one thanks all al

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi no its fitted nice but m8 in garage said it could go up another couple cms

I mean the rubber inside the mount, it's a common problem for them to collapse. Purchasing a brand new one would solve the problem if that was it.

Also, you can insert sockets into the mount and zip tie them in to help push the rubber up. Alternatively you can purchase a Powerflex EXH008 (I think) mount for around £6 on eBay and adapt it to fit inside your mount. There are a few guides on here on how to do it, just search for exhaust mount and look at other peoples' threads. :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi ordered the powerflex one the standard mount i think he put anew 1 on today i just want it to sit a inch higher thanks

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Demon Tweeks also sell the rubber mounts for the rear mount. I've got a scorpion system on my 172 that they supplied. Mine sits just below the bumper.