ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Make My Own Aerial?

MK2 Clio
Hi all, I want an aerial which I can put inside my a pillar (or if its wire run throughout the car) I only use my cd player 1ce a week waiting for traffic jam reports but keep getting my antenna nicked so have got bored of replacing it, so what I want to do is make my own to stay inside the car - but needs to plug into cd player and use that I dont need 10/10 quality but a good 7/10

Any ideas?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hi all, I want an aerial which I can put inside my a pillar (or if its wire run throughout the car) I only use my cd player 1ce a week waiting for traffic jam reports but keep getting my antenna nicked so have got bored of replacing it, so what I want to do is make my own to stay inside the car - but needs to plug into cd player and use that I dont need 10/10 quality but a good 7/10

Any ideas?

Buy a new one put plenty of locktite on. Job done.

MK2 Clio
It's only an aerial at the end of the day so its not overly big but I really cba with faffing around anymore

172 cup- suzu rf600r
no i dont think they look rubbish? you hardly see them, get the dual type its just one thin black wire thing each side of the rear window.

dont know how you would tap into it although i presume theres an easy way, but you could just run a new wire for it straight to the stereo.

personally id just use a standard aeirial but its an alternative

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
my 5 has rear screen as aerial... its easy...

run wires off the HRW elements, to the radio, then solder on a crimp on aerial plug :)

MK2 Clio
my 5 has rear screen as aerial... its easy...

run wires off the HRW elements, to the radio, then solder on a crimp on aerial plug :)
Couldn't that damage the radio? like power etc, so you take a pos and neg and send them to radio or what exactly?

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
What i did is i bought a shark fin antenna and i will put it on using Sikaflex.

If someone wants to nick it, they will need to rip the roof out.

MK2 Clio
Dunno how you do it. You're the Sparky, you tell us? ;)

I would put two wires to the positive connector (that way it will become part of the circuit not short out) but I am not an electrician, I was nicknamed Sparky by mates for other stuff lol, but have a reasonable knowledge of electronics, but would be concerned that the electricity could damage the cd player ;)

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
Couldn't that damage the radio? like power etc, so you take a pos and neg and send them to radio or what exactly?

I disconnected the hrw completely, only use the car on nice days so no need for it