ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine polishing down low

How do you effectively machine polish the lower parts of a car, for example below the trimline and bumpers?

I had a real hard time getting low and controlling the machine, eventually gave up as my back and knees were killing me and polished by hand. I've looked for online vids but only found one where the guy had the car on a lift, so he just jacked it up when he was ready :mad:

Any tips/techniques to share?

just have to take the pain, make sure youve got an old pillow or something to sit on. I put my legs under the car and just sit, you can only do small sections left to right though.

Cheers, will try the cardboard first (plenty laying around). If my ass is too soft for that will hunt for an old pillow/cushion about the house.

Spent 5 hours on the car yesterday at which point some of my neighbours and random passing muppets were close to being murdered due to their stupid "jokes" each time they walked by.

Any good comebacks appreciated:

1) "Still cleaning that car?!!"

2) "Bloody hell there's gonna be nothing left by the time your finished?!"

3) "You can do mine next when your done!"

4) "Bet you're hoping it doesn't rain!"

5) "How long does it take to clean a car??!!"

6) "You've missed a bit!"

repeat items 1-6 randomly minimum 7x per hour

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I had the above all weekend last week. ''You'll wash through the paint one day'' being the neighbour's favourite.

But yeah, sit on the floor, legs under the car, snap spine in half.

Piss off or f**k off.

That works.

As much as i wanted to say this, the thought of finding a nice deep key-scratch down the side of my car the next day stopped me

Mines worth cleaning also works. As well as I care about the things I buy.

Nicely put, next time i'm gonna try the ipod trick - plug it in, turn it up and avoid eye contact with the persistent ones that can't take the hint

Quite luckily there is only 5 houses down my street 2 of 4 arent lived in, the other 2 are germans. I still get comments in german, so i laugh and pretend i understood what they said... f**k.off

Black Gold Trophy
Oh god! I thought it was just me that got wound up by this sort of thing.

My neighbour makes all the wisecracks above and also when it's raining he says:

"that's you washing your car all the time that is!"

To which I usually make a comment like "I see your comedy classes are already paying for themselves!"

Don't worry. They all come around. One neighbour asked why her paint was blotchy and if I could help as I'm "Always cleaning mine". The answer was bird dropping etchings. Hundreds of them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It does get boring after a while but after the 3rd or 4th time of spending 8 hrs at it they realise you're pretty serious and not just "fannying" around.

Always made me laugh the "washing the paint off" comment.

You will if you keep washing it with that old sponge and grit pal!

Black Sheep
Cheers, will try the cardboard first (plenty laying around). If my ass is too soft for that will hunt for an old pillow/cushion about the house.

Spent 5 hours on the car yesterday at which point some of my neighbours and random passing muppets were close to being murdered due to their stupid "jokes" each time they walked by.

Any good comebacks appreciated:

1) "Still cleaning that car?!!"

2) "Bloody hell there's gonna be nothing left by the time your finished?!"

3) "You can do mine next when your done!"

4) "Bet you're hoping it doesn't rain!"

5) "How long does it take to clean a car??!!"

6) "You've missed a bit!"

repeat items 1-6 randomly minimum 7x per hour

so true couldnt think of another one and i have only done it once!!!