ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac help. !!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Right i have a standard windows laptop which is great for internet, word etc etc and downloading s**t like that.

For xmas i am gonna save for an imac or macbook. I will aim to save £800-900.

It would be better to get one of the small macbooks but i need to run Adobe audtion, photoshop and Final cut pro perfectly.

I do alot of video editing and want a laptop/desktop that will pruely be used for that purpose.

basically will the macbooks run the videos or would i need to spend the extra on the big desktop things. Guy in Apple shop said they may not but i guess he wanted me to spend more money.

Anyone know much about Macs, use these programs,

cheers. This may not make sense haha.

T

thecremeegg

on the gadget show a few weeks sgo they tested the macbook (basemodel) with HD video editing, it was flawless so you shouldnt have any issues

Revels Mum & Sister
I have a Macbook. With 2GB RAM it runs Photoshop flawlessy. However never tried FCP. I would think a Macbook Pro would be more up to the job

VX220 Turbo
if you don't need the portability i'd go for the imac as you will find it more comfortable to use an imac and separate keyboard.

i've got a 24" imac (newest type) it's a great machine make sure it comes with osx 10.5 though

182 Trophy
I agree with the above, go for the Imac, I have a macbook and hardly use it after getting a Imac as the screen is so small.