ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac Desktops

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Screenshot2011-05-16at220307.png

57 Clio Campus Sport
Can't remember if I've posted this one before, this is now Lion:

screenshot20110721at182.png

I set it to change backgrounds every minute anyway.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup.

The only reason I have all the Creative Suite icons there is to drag and drop between programs easily.

Apart from the design stuff, I only have Cyberduck, Adium and Minecraft in the dock.

Inferno 182 CUP
my dock now has

Finder & Recycle bin.

That is it.

CMD+L for launchpad and i choose the app i want .. all i see in my dock are the apps which are open

my dock now has

Finder & Recycle bin.

That is it.

CMD+L for launchpad and i choose the app i want .. all i see in my dock are the apps which are open

That's stupid. You may as well not have a dock at all. Minimalist docks are about looking good, not stupid. IMO.

Inferno 182 CUP
That's stupid. You may as well not have a dock at all. Minimalist docks are about looking good, not stupid. IMO.

But thats what launchpad does - keeps all my apps in one place so i can easily choose what i want. The dock only shows me what i have open so i don't have to search for the stupid blue light - i have my dock set to hidden anyway unless i scroll over it

cmd+L doesn't even open Launchpad.

Flol. It does if you set it up as a keyboard shortcut!

57 Clio Campus Sport
cmd+L doesn't even open Launchpad.

Correct. Why not just use the hand gesture? I put it as bottom left hot corner too but unlikely to use it.

I will probably cut it down to the programs I have open all the time anyway such as safari, iTunes, twitter, Mail and have the rest on first page of Launchpad.

I don't really care if my desktop looks cool minimalistic, it's not like I walk around showing to it people. It's more about functionality than looks.

Inferno 182 CUP
Correct. Why not just use the hand gesture? I put it as bottom left hot corner too but unlikely to use it.

I will probably cut it down to the programs I have open all the time anyway such as safari, iTunes, twitter, Mail and have the rest on first page of Launchpad.

I don't really care if my desktop looks cool minimalistic, it's not like I walk around showing to it people. It's more about functionality than looks.

i also have it as bottom left corner as find the gesture shite

its not functional with loads of apps though - i have a 13" screen i need as much space as i can get - a dock and toolbars take up valuable estate so i don't want them there .. launchpad imo is great

The gesture rocks, so long as you keep your fingernails short. Otherwise it's like that guy in Jaws running his nails down the blackboard.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I suppose when you have an iMac nano, you need all the desktop you can get.

Lion users: Type Imac in to a post.

<3 Steve.