ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

m.o.t fail your thoughts

Clio 182
(sorry for double post, clicked wrong section)

right guys, way back after i bought my 182 i had to replace the exhaust as it was a bit fubar, i opted for a ktr ultra exhaust, shortly after that a tear appeared in the collar of the standard cat and this also had to be replaced. i couldnt afford a new cat so ran a ktr ultra decat pipe for 6 months.. with no sensor attatched as it was stuck in the old cat.

anyway 2 weeks ago i figuered my mot was due and it was time to pay out and get it sorted, i bought a ktr ultra sports cat which is mot passable, i had it fitted by a garage and they even managed to get the snsor out of my old cat and refit it to the new one.

so mot time this morning, my car passed its fast idle test but failed its natural idle test

the max limit of carbon monoxide % volume at idle is 0.500, mines 1.840. i have no engine management light on at all, it was on obviously while decat was fitted but turned off hours after it was replaced with sports cat

car was warm, 15minute drive to m.ot testing station where it sat off for 15mins then idled for 10mins before he tested it.

i explained to the tester that i had just had a new cat fitted and asked what his thoughts were, he suggested a fault with one of the sensors, so tomorrow im paying 50 quid plus vat for a full test of the sensors etc to find the problem, however i am slightly apprehensive that its going to cost me a shed load more money to fix, any thoughts on what the problem could be guys?