ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy engine help please

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi clio 172 cup,car is lumpywhen hot,just replaced pre cat lambda,runs a bit better but still lumpy,sounds like its hunting missing at around 1500 sounds like backfire from exhaust any help thanks all

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi had cambelt replaced a few days ago,could the hunting and lumpiness be timing out they used renault tools but engine is shaking slightly and exhaust is sounding weird from the tailpipe

South Wales vehicle solutions according to your other thread.

Yes I had one in a few months back, they may have the genuine tools. But not a f**king clue how to use them.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
About 1hr30-2hrs away I think.

South Wales vehicle solutions according to your other thread.

Yes I had one in a few months back, they may have the genuine tools. But not a f**king clue how to use them.

Exactly what we were talking about on the FB group. Having the tools means f**k all. I could probably do a better job with non gen tools than a lot of back street garages could do with genuine ones.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
im peed off now spending that money for labour do i have any comeback,im not a mechanic if i go up there and say the timings out how do i stand i think i will have to come up to u are you free around 7th october

im peed off now spending that money for labour do i have any comeback,im not a mechanic if i go up there and say the timings out how do i stand i think i will have to come up to u are you free around 7th october
Give me a call on Monday(07969 124504). I think it's free, but I don't have my diary at home.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thankyou its going in to renault at no charge as family knows the md there,i will be using yourself from now on only 1 30min drive thanks againhope they find the timing out lol cheers al

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks will check that tomorrow ive asked them to check injectors ii cant see what else will cause lumpyness

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
dan i want to bring it to you ,its been going limp with throttle sensor fault so im reluctant to drive it to somerset thats my only problem