ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering/Grinding Cyclinder Head on CLIO 2 RS 172 PH2

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Hi guys, I will rebuild the cylinder head, Can I remove or grinde the material from the bottom? How much? I have 421 Cams with standard pistons,

Cheers

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Yes, skim the head. I read the manual, I know some that skimed the cylinderhead about 0.3mm.

I would like to know if anyone has already skimed the cyclinder head wiht catcams 421 and std pistons. :)

Thanks

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Put some putty/plasticine on the dome of the piston and rotate the crank. Then measure the thickness of the putty afterwards. This should let you know roughly how much you can take off the head before the valves come in contact with the piston domes.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
It's an old trick used on motorcycles but works for cars too. I had to do it after I had my 106 rallyes head skimmed and I was afraid of the valves hitting the piston crown.

A light spray of some lube (wd40 or whatever) on top of the putty helps to stop it sticking to the valves and makes it easier to get the putty off the piston afterwards.