ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low rev range misfire

Titanium 182
Hoping i can get some advice on where to look for this problem
have scanned it with a clip tool and that found no faults !
its had recent plugs, leads and coil pack due to being off the road for around a year and the spark wells took a load of water killing the plugs and leads.
any suggestion on what to try next ?
thanks

Titanium 182
Thanks for the reply Chris
I have tries swapping the Lambdas around and there was no difference.
I also tested the injectors for spray patterns and also resistance all seemed good.
the Plugs were the correct NGK's but the pack and leads were not but were also not cheap but was thinking these might be my problem !
how would one go about checking the wiring ?

Lambdas sound ok if they've been swapped. Generally the second one doesn't do a lot.

However the injectors can't always be tested by the spray pattern. My old ones were always perfect on full throttle and general driving around normally but pulling away uphill or too low in revs at traffic lights it would cough and cause me to look like I should have L plates stuck on the back! Since replacing them its been smooth as a babies!

Check your new plugs and see if any are more choked up than the others, also perhaps a compression test if you have stuff lying around to check.

What sort of mileage has it done by the way?

Titanium 182
Its fine past 1.5 - 2k just anything below causing me a problem !
plugs all looked the same when i pulled them out. Also did a compression test all cylinders came out with very similar figures
its on 108K. it probably will be the leads and or pack.

Exactly the same as mine sounded... I replaced the lot too as needed doing and still persisted until I replaced all the injectors at once so unsure if it was only one playing up or not.

Following that when I proved it was good I put the 98 Ron RS Tuner map on and the car is so much better for it!

Best of luck pal