ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low comp pistons on N/A engine

right probably really stupid question, but can a naturally aspirated engine be run on low compression pistons? obviously there will be power loss, i'm just thinking about preparation for a turbo conversion? yes its a ridiculous question

Rover 620ti, MK1 Valver
dont see why not... may make the car slower though (unless its got turbo to boost)

lift number 1 @ btm
does running rich dammage the engine? i kow running lean is too hot and definately does damage. but i thought running rich just meant poor economy and unburnt fuel out the back, or is it the cat that is damaged?

Mk2 172
does running rich dammage the engine? i kow running lean is too hot and definately does damage. but i thought running rich just meant poor economy and unburnt fuel out the back, or is it the cat that is damaged?

Running rich is no good for the engine either. youll get bore wash etc! it can damage alot of things if its running very rich.

so you just need the fuelling reduced? guess timing and ignition would possibly need altering so its runs smooth (as smooth as a N/A low comp engine can!) could use 95RON fuel too?

lift number 1 @ btm

Running rich is no good for the engine either. youll get bore wash etc! it can damage alot of things if its running very rich.

fair enough, makes sense. so it would strip the oil from between the rings?