ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lots of problems :(

SchwepTek™
Thought i'd put this here as there's too many problems to list separately. Car is booked into Renault in the morning but i wondered if you guys can help me sort some of the problems myself.

Firstly my handbrake and stop lights are on which means new pads and fluid. Can I do this myself and what fluid/pads do i need???

Then my service light came on. Oil needs topping up and i noticed that the power steering fluid is also below minimum!!! What do i need for this???

Exhaust rattles everytime i go over speed bumps. Tried shaking the twin pipes by hand and its definitely hitting something, missing rubber washer????

And finally my clutch is really stiff and makes weird squeaking noises when either going up or down. Really annoying.

Anyways hope you guys can help. Only had the car 2 weeks :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thought i'd put this here as there's too many problems to list separately. Car is booked into Renault in the morning but i wondered if you guys can help me sort some of the problems myself.

Firstly my handbrake and stop lights are on which means new pads and fluid. Can I do this myself and what fluid/pads do i need??? Renault will charge a fortune for this, speak to me before it comes in, i'll get you a discount

Then my service light came on. Oil needs topping up and i noticed that the power steering fluid is also below minimum!!! What do i need for this??? Some oil, and some power steering fluid, although you need to monitor how fast its losing the fluids as there could be a leak?

Exhaust rattles everytime i go over speed bumps. Tried shaking the twin pipes by hand and its definitely hitting something, missing rubber washer???? Will no doubt be a perished rubber, about £15 fitted.

And finally my clutch is really stiff and makes weird squeaking noises when either going up or down. Really annoying. Clutch ratchet on the back of the clutch pedal. Mines in today for the same fault!!

Anyways hope you guys can help. Only had the car 2 weeks :(

Did you have your eyes shut when you bought this car?? Was the salesman wearing a Black and whit suit and carriying a bag with 'SWAG' on it???

SchwepTek™
LOL ummmmmm......!!!

Its booked in for tomorrow to have the exhaust and clutch looked at!!! You working tomorrow???

Service light has gone out now. Will top up oil/power steering fluid but what shall i do about brake pads/fluid????

Formally Clio 182
Exhaust rattles everytime i go over speed bumps. Tried shaking the twin pipes by hand and its definitely hitting something, missing rubber washer????

Mine done this, I took it to the Renault garage and they fixed it for FREE.

Apparently it was the heat shield rattling caused by a loose washer.

megane 285 sport
my clutch was stiff when i first had my 172, it was either on or off, didnt wana risk it so had it changed before have it camed and chiped, the clutch was alot lighter after having it done, only had a velo clutch fitted.

Firstly my handbrake and stop lights are on which means new pads and fluid. Can I do this myself and what fluid/pads do i need???

You can DIY it the parts are £175 from Yozzasort or GDI etc for pads and shsoes all built up as such or else shop round and put the effort in and get the bearing pushed in and you can get them for less but for the effort often best buying the lot.

Dot 4 fluid good personaly I recomend the castrol super dot 4 response stuff good price etc.

Stock pads are all you ever need.

Then my service light came on. Oil needs topping up and i noticed that the power steering fluid is also below minimum!!! What do i need for this???

Check the amount its loosing over time/milage

10-40 or 5-40 fully synthetic although seimi is Ok idaly chnage the lot so you use the same stuff to top up as isin there plus its good for the engine.

Rubber as said is worn new ones are only cheap.

And finally my clutch is really stiff and makes weird squeaking noises when either going up or down. Really annoying.

New clutch cable ost likly could be faulty clitch on a new car but more likly its a used car with round town miles or a few miles.

SchwepTek™
Thanks alot for that mate ^^^^ very helpful.

Just been told that the clutch is stiff because its almost worn out and i'm looking at £675 for a new clutch!!! :( What ya reckon??? Reckon I can find that cheaper seeing as ktech sell the original parts for £140!!!

Also been told that the front discs are lipped and pads are 50% so what's best for this??? Do them myself or is it difficult to do???

Exhaust rubber has been fixed under warranty and they also checked power steering/brake fluid and topped them up for me.

Basically everything that could possibly wear on my car, has worn!!!! :(

W

wickedbitch

Mine does this thought it was normal? I always want to sell the car after driving it in traffic.
Mine was the same when i first got her and everyone said it was the way a sports clutch was but i couldnt stand it so i took it in and had the clutch cable done and now she drives like a dream even in traffic:D

Just been told that the clutch is stiff because its almost worn out and i'm looking at £675 for a new clutch!!! :( What ya reckon??? Reckon I can find that cheaper seeing as ktech sell the original parts for £140!!!

Also been told that the front discs are lipped and pads are 50% so what's best for this??? Do them myself or is it difficult to do???

You can do it yourself not dfficult to do there a guide on the forum.

New clutch is £80 or so from Renault or GSF etc (Renault is often cheaper0
being as its 7.1 hours to fit the labour charge is killing you the clutch specilaist are the best places to try.