ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loose Boot Lock Button

I need to tighten up the bolts that secure the boot lock button housing.. Is it fairly easy to remove the plastic trim panel inside the boot to gain access or is it tricky? I don't want to snap any clips etc. Thanks

I need to tighten up the bolts that secure the boot lock button housing.. Is it fairly easy to remove the plastic trim panel inside the boot to gain access or is it tricky? I don't want to snap any clips etc. Thanks

One bolt in the handle section of the plastic, then the full piece just pops off

To put it back together just pop back on, tighten bolt and apply pressure all over to ensure all clips are secure

Excellent, thanks for that!

No probs at all mate

5y4a8a9u.jpg

That's the only picture I can find similar to what you are looking at, so your bolt will either be where that hole is on the picture or inside the handle

The rest are just clips like below, (same as what you see in the long trim on the inside of the doors above the door cards)

u8yjaqy9.jpg

Hope this all helps :)

Been meaning to get this job done but haven't had time.. And now the boot lock has jammed, the diamond button won't press in & I can't see if there's any way of releasing the boot from inside? Any ideas..

Been meaning to get this job done but haven't had time.. And now the boot lock has jammed, the diamond button won't press in & I can't see if there's any way of releasing the boot from inside? Any ideas..

You would have to follow the instructions from above but from inside your boot mate

So enter your car normally, remove parcel shelf, fold rear seats down to give yourself extra space (remove whatever is in your boot), undo the bolt, pop the cover of and you will be able to see the mechanism infront of you

Fiddle about with it as necessary to get your boot to open (try to imagine which way the bar moves when you press the button normally)

You would have to follow the instructions from above but from inside your boot mate

So enter your car normally, remove parcel shelf, fold rear seats down to give yourself extra space (remove whatever is in your boot), undo the bolt, pop the cover of and you will be able to see the mechanism infront of you

Fiddle about with it as necessary to get your boot to open (try to imagine which way the bar moves when you press the button normally)

Thank mate, I'll give it a crack on my day off.. Should be fun crawling in the boot, I'm 6' 4" with shoulders like Charles Altas lol.. Might get the missus (pretty little thing) to crawl in there! Give her a torch & lead from behind.. I get the better view, just may take a bit longer ;)

Image001.JPG Image002.JPG Image000.JPG

Fixed the boot lock today.. Dropped the rear seats & removed parcel shelf.. Managed the release the boot from inside by pushing up against the black plastic tab (circled in white).. Removed the trim panel & stripped down the boot lock mechanism from outside, working upside down with the boot fully raised. The cause of the problem was that both 10mm brass nuts (circled in red) that hold the boot lock handle had worked loose & fallen off inside the trim panel. Would have thought Renault would use locking nuts for the handle!? So the metal rod (circled in yellow) wasn't moving when the button was pressed or cenral locking used..

Reassembled everything and boot closed but lock stuck open lol. Had do do all again & now have a perfect result with everything in sync with the central locking.

Hope the pic's might be of use to anyone with similar issues :wink:

Last edited: