ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for some nice seats...

Title says it all really, I am looking for some new front seats for the RB. Not decided on anything yet but I love the Recaro CS seats from the 197, not sure if they would fit? Even if they would, they're pretty pricey! I'm not too sure I want Trendlines, although I'm not ruling them out, it's just they've been done before and I want something a bit more unique. I'm not too fussed about brand snobbery so the name isn't an issue, although comfort and quality is. Price naturally is a factor too. Colour wise, black only really an option.

I have done as much research as I can really, was just wondering if anyone else had fitted anything a little different and/or has some advice and opinions :)

Dunno if they would fit but im sure you could make them, Some Leather BMW Seats. As for the back get them covered in the same colour leather.

BM seats are beautiful.

Im assuming however your after buckets ? if so anything black would be cool, some brides but i think they are pricey :(

http://www.nengun.com/search/#t:n:u;b:43;g:1

y
ou can get them over here too

Im after the bucket seats yeah, (or bucket seat look) dont like headrests!!! Bride's seem very expensive??

The Cobra is very nice, but again, pricey, don't want to come across as overly tight, but I don't want to spend a fortune on seats!

I have seen these;

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/auto-style/auto-style-reclining-sport-seats/auto-style-type-bs4-reclining-seat/prod_892.html

[URL="http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/auto-style/auto-style-reclining-sport-seats/auto-style-type-rs6-reclining-seat/prod_972.html"]http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/auto-style/auto-style-reclining-sport-seats/auto-style-type-rs6-reclining-seat/prod_972.html
[/URL]

I particularly like the RS6 rep's from what I can see they will fit width and size wise ect, your thoughts?

RB 182
The RS6 ones would look good in black, but i imagine the quality isnt going to be great and it look like you can only universal subframes so not sure how easily you would be able to fit them. They are £250 a seat so by the time you've got subframes too your looking around £600 which isnt far off a used set of trendlines (if you can find some!)

Im tempted by some buckets but the only option for me would be the Trendlines.

They do car specific sliding subframes, theyre about £70 each. Deffo all about the black, only choice for me! I know theyre trendline money, but as I mentioned, I'm not sure I want trendlines, they seem to be in half of the RS clios out there! I know theyre good, just theyre getting quite common now..

RB 182
Have you seen the set of recaro speeds in the for sale section? Would look good in a RB! I'd be tempted myself if i had £650 to spend on seats!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Don't know if you're willing to wait...but there is a Cobra Factory Sale (ever year, last week in November/first week of December one weekend or the other) where they reduce prices. Its in Telford (Shropshire) so about 75 miles from where you are.

I'm going to put a meet up when its announced to see if people are up for it. They will do discounts, and if you want them there and then...they will reduce prices a bit.

Just remember though, with seats cheap isn't always good...some seats are cheap, others are cheap seats (and I know which I'd prefer in an accident).

BG 182 FF
The advantage with going with named seats (omp, Sparco etc) is they are normally certified and tested to European standards so are as good as the factory seats.

Although a do remember an article where they tested 'cheap' copy seats from china etc and they actually did very well against the named brands.

RB 182
Don't know if you're willing to wait...but there is a Cobra Factory Sale (ever year, last week in November/first week of December one weekend or the other) where they reduce prices. Its in Telford (Shropshire) so about 75 miles from where you are.

I'm going to put a meet up when its announced to see if people are up for it. They will do discounts, and if you want them there and then...they will reduce prices a bit.

Just remember though, with seats cheap isn't always good...some seats are cheap, others are cheap seats (and I know which I'd prefer in an accident).

I'd be up for going for a nose!

That cobra sale/meet sound brilliant yeah, I agree about the safety aspect, those omps look like a great allrounder, i prefer the shape of the more expensive one, but the stitching detail on the 200 quid one is so much nicer! Always the way!

They all look the same though, as I keep saying, I want something a little more unique, Evo recaros have a very similar look to the Trendlines, and I appreciate that theyre very good seats, but theyve been done so many times now, granted if I can't find a good set of seats elsewhere, I will look at the Evo/Trendline recaros, just want to research something differant first!

RB 182
You do realise you can get evo recaros for under £200?

If you get these can you still get them to tilt forward? IE is that part of the subframe or the seat that allows the tilt function. If this is the case you could also use accord type R Trendlines as these go cheaply aswell.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think you can use the tilt tbh as its built into the standard seat frame.

BG 182 FF
That cobra sale/meet sound brilliant yeah, I agree about the safety aspect, those omps look like a great allrounder, i prefer the shape of the more expensive one, but the stitching detail on the 200 quid one is so much nicer! Always the way!

Exactly what I was thinking. I think the shape of the 'Design 2' wins it for me over the 'Strada' even though the stitching details is very smart, that's what I plan on getting soon.

BG 182 FF
Don't think you can use the tilt tbh as its built into the standard seat frame.

Evo/Type R Recaro's don't tilt for back seat access. You could buy some tilting subframes, but I doubt the seat top will clear the roof to give a full tilt movement due to the angle.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think the shape of the 'Design 2' wins it for me over the 'Strada' even though the stitching details is very smart, that's what I plan on getting soon.

I know, reckon they'd make us a pair of custom ones with the best bits of both, all for the same price as the Strada!!! haha :p

Vw caddy tdi
K tec had some nice lw carbon tiltable seats a while back they only had a few sets iirc vv nice lad from army had some in a black 182 on cs.