ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for guidance.

Mkll Ph1
Just had a crash. Still in the hospital at the moment waiting on the girlfriend to be signed out.

Basically I'm just looking advice on what will happen from anyone who's had a similar experience.

I'll be claiming fault. Went into the back of someone after she braked sharp on a main road to try and let a lorry out of a junction and I couldn't get stopped in time.

I went into the back of her so my fault nothing I can do. Just really looking to know what happens from here and what I can expect.

Insured fully comp and had 1 year NCB.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Re: Looking guidance.

Slight rise in insurance and no no claims.

Then you'll be a bit wary on the road for a few months then get back into the swing of things while being mindful of idiots slamming on.

Mkll Ph1

Hope you and your girlfriend are okay!

Have you rung your insurance?

Not too bad thumbs a bit fucked from holding the wheel and the girlfriend has a tiny crack on her chest from the belt.

Not rang them yet was going to wait until I got left here and got home.

is1

Integra Type R DC2

I hope you're both well.
You should report it to your insurer if you haven't.
The insurers will deal with it from now and contact you if necessary.

Going forward, obviously you will lose your no claims bonus and will have to disclose a fault accident for the next 5 years or so which is really annoying given that we all live and learn and you are probably unlikely to go through this again.

Mkll Ph1

Hopefully getting discharged soon and then will be contacting the insurance. Does anyone how the insurance will work with claims ? As in does it go up more with more people claiming ? I'm fully expecting a claim from the other driver but was saying to the girlfriend that if it won't effect it horribly to have more than one claim then she should claim as well. Anyone have an knowledge on this or can offer any advice ?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

When my brother crashed his premium stayed exactly the same even though he got 9 points for the incident so I wouldn't worry too much.

Mkll Ph1

When my brother crashed his premium stayed exactly the same even though he got 9 points for the incident so I wouldn't worry too much.

Well being that im only into my second year of driving i cant really afford 9 points right now :/.

have informed insurance and they are sending a claims form and a solicitor for my girlfriend. Also have to go to the police station tomorrow to make a statement il assume unless i will be getting charged with something when down there but they never said anything about why on the phone.

Arctic 182

Not quite advice but it does my head in when people attempt to be courteous by letting someone out but turn it into a dangerous situation.
If you/she was on a main road, surely just keep on going as it's your right of way, & when the lorry was safe to go he would go?! Don't stamp on the brakes to be helpful & let him out & create a dangerous situation for others
. I'm all for giving way & being courteous but only when appropriate & safe.
Apologies for the deviation in thread.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Well being that im only into my second year of driving i cant really afford 9 points right now :/.

have informed insurance and they are sending a claims form and a solicitor for my girlfriend. Also have to go to the police station tomorrow to make a statement il assume unless i will be getting charged with something when down there but they never said anything about why on the phone.

Sorry bud I mean't my brothers premium didn't go up for a worse situation than yours so you shouldn't be too bad. :)

Mkll Ph1

Not quite advice but it does my head in when people attempt to be courteous by letting someone out but turn it into a dangerous situation.
If you/she was on a main road, surely just keep on going as it's your right of way, & when the lorry was safe to go he would go?! Don't stamp on the brakes to be helpful & let him out & create a dangerous situation for others
. I'm all for giving way & being courteous but only when appropriate & safe.
Apologies for the deviation in thread.

Well this was my thoughts on the matter as well but seeing as I went into the back of her there's nothing I can really do about it.

Mkll Ph1

Sorry bud I mean't my brothers premium didn't go up for a worse situation than yours so you shouldn't be too bad. :)

Well insurance is informed and I have to go to the station tomorrow to see what's happening. Fingers crossed I'll get to keep my licence ...

Arctic 182

Well this was my thoughts on the matter as well but seeing as I went into the back of her there's nothing I can really do about it.

Unfortunately not mate, gutted for you tbh. Thinks she's being all helpful & you take the brunt of her stupidity. That's the I see it anyway. Hope you get it all sorted & you & the mrs are ok.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Well insurance is informed and I have to go to the station tomorrow to see what's happening. Fingers crossed I'll get to keep my licence ...

You will be fine so I wouldn't worry it will be just to fill in what happened, Important thing to do is be honest tell them what happened, However I wouldn't go all out saying its your fault as they may decide she is at fault as well.
As far as I'm aware you shouldn't be stopping to let people out on a main carriageway especially sharp breaking... Women drivers eh ;)

Mkll Ph1

Unfortunately not mate, gutted for you tbh. Thinks she's being all helpful & you take the brunt of her stupidity. That's the I see it anyway. Hope you get it all sorted & you & the mrs are ok.

Well if anything it could help me in the long run. Leave more room and be more prepared for stupid things to just happen out of nowhere.

Both fine just shaken. I've told the mrs to put in an injury claim anyway as it's not going to affect my renewal too much now anyway with the other driver claiming so she may as well get a big of money out of it as well.