ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for coilovers .

172 cup
hi I'm after some advice, I'm looking to get some coilovers for my Clio 172 cup, at the moment I like the ride height but I'm unsure what it is as the springs where already on the car when I got it with standard shocks,

ive looked online and some say can lower the front 30-60mm and the back only 15-35! I'm not very clued up as u can tell but if anyone could help me to understand what I'm looking for and some links posted would help a lot, only looking for cheap ish ones nothing ott,

and if anyone can have a guess how low it is at the mo would also give me an idea

many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 42

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
hi I'm after some advice, I'm looking to get some coilovers for my Clio 172 cup, at the moment I like the ride height but I'm unsure what it is as the springs where already on the car when I got it with standard shocks,

ive looked online and some say can lower the front 30-60mm and the back only 15-35! I'm not very clued up as u can tell but if anyone could help me to understand what I'm looking for and some links posted would help a lot, only looking for cheap ish ones nothing ott,

and if anyone can have a guess how low it is at the mo would also give me an idea

many thanks
Looks to be lowered about 40mm to me in that picture, so I'd guesstimate that your on apex springs if that was the case. They're yellow so if you see yellow, that's the answer.

If you want coilovers you want to be getting some bilstein b14's. A great coilover for the road and occasional track use.

You can get them direct from Germany for about £500 delivered. It's important to keep in mind that these cars are all about the handling. Buying cheap coilovers will definitely change that for the worse.

If you do a search for bilstein b14 on here it should come up with a fair few threads on where to order and what ride height you'll get.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Personally I'd always recommend coilovers, purely so you can adjust it yourself and get the ride height exactly how you want it. Don't buy cheapo, shitty coilovers though. As @NorthloopCup has said, B14's are decent and won't break the bank. I've got KW V1's on mine.