ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking for bright fog bulbs..

172 MoNaCo.....
as above, looking for brighter fog bulbs than standard, as compared to the h.i.d's look a dull yellow. also are they difficult to replace?
thanks.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Osram nightbreakers are pretty good but nothing is going to look white next to a proper HID light. To get the proper effect you'd need to fit an HID kit to your fogs. This however is a total waste of time and money. Just leave the bulbs as they are. Not worth the hassle given you will only use them a handful of times.

Ive just this sec boght night breakers. As mentioned mine only go on when its really bad but the yellow light they emit was enough to drive me silly.

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always understood fog lights to be more yellow than main beam anyway because it breaks through the fog better.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Fog lights are not to aid vision, they are to make you more visible to others, well thats my understanding anyway.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find i can see less with fogs on, cos they make the road right infront of my car really bright, and cos of this i can't see as far into the distance.

You could get pure white smd/led fog bulbs.

And with replacing, you don't need to take of the bumper, just full lock and then pull back the arch lining, reach in & twist. (wear gloves cos i cut my hand open on a piece of plastic)

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Get some 64 led bulbs of eBay have posted some pictures in the thread "197 headlights" they just lok like HIDS

172 MoNaCo.....
haha no no not a mc donalds carpark racer! lol just looking for some brighter bulbs thats all, ok thanks for the positive input il look into the suggestions.

Clio 1.4s Ph1!
I've noticed "whiter" bulbs make it harder to see in the fog.
I've got HID low and normal High beam, before i got the HIDs I could see more with normal lows but now the HIDs just bounce off the fog so high beam lets me see further, if that makes sense.

I'd go more yellow personally on the fogs.

Fog lights do sod all to help in the fog. It might help you see a little rabbit in the road 50cm from your car but by that point you've hit it

1.5dci 80bhp
Front fog lights do work in the fog just most people use them for the wrong reason, front fog lights are designed to light up the curbs or edges of the road and also have a cut point in front of you so not to glare the fog back at you, also you should turn off your dip beam but again most people don’t hence why they don’t seem to work as they should, so it boils down to most people not knowing how to use them in the first place, as being older than most of you I can remember when front fog light bulbs used to be yellow to cut thought the fog better and most road users cannot tell the difference between fog and mist, how many road users see a little mist and think they need to put there front and rear fog lights on, trust me when you drive in thick fog they will work for you but most of us will never drive in thick fog but that depends on where you live.

1.5dci 80bhp
And the point of your remark is nothing to do with this thread, have you nothing else better to do with your time than pick up on users spelling mistakes :dapprove: