ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking back at the Clio's

Track 172 & Golf R32
I have'nt been on here for ages now after buying a 2003 Cooper S. Ive had it for about 4 months now and after spending £££ on a good set of Coilovers, Brembo 4 pots, Some light wheels, Milltek system and some engine mods i started to like it. A lot! But i think it was the novelty of boost!

However things have just started to break since :dapprove: now i dont know if il make Silverstone sunday which is what ive been leading up to for a long time!

After selling the Clio ive never felt so much regret. Soon after selling it i came into some money after a pay rise meaning i had a lot more disposable income to splash out on my car. Now if i came into it a bit earlier i could see my 172 being a minter eventualy prep'd for the odd track outing and being the thing that puts a smile on my face on the weekends seeing as the bird dont. All today after a long discussion with one of my mates Nth a member on here im looking to come back with a 182 to do all the things i wish i could do with the 172. We came to the conclusion that in the long run it would be more viable with the consumables and running costs being a lot less than at the moment and i have a decent amount of knowledge with the clios and i did everything myself.

And i keep seeing pics of the JMS 182 :p which just dont help and the other great examples on this forum!

What do you reckon i should do?

Heres a pic of the Cooper S just to be a wh*re!

IMG00206-20100826-1911.jpg

Track 172 & Golf R32
I will the whine is addictive. But the pure grunt from the clio i loved! Boost also brings a whole load of over crap to go wrong it seems

Track 172 & Golf R32
I have been looking already seen one on here which looks clean! and one on Pistonheads! Just need to sit down and have a proper think but i can see whats going to happen. But the only reason i changed is because more power costs less on the Mini. However i wish i added up the amount i would have spent i would have have bodied my 172 with it!

Stagecoach Ticket
Get a ph1 mate

put the cooper back to standard - 1k?
sell the cooper - 5k?

spend 2k on a mint ph1 - 4ks worth of modds is alot of grunt! and a decent handling track car

Get a ph1 mate

put the cooper back to standard - 1k?
sell the cooper - 5k?

spend 2k on a mint ph1 - 4ks worth of modds is alot of grunt! and a decent handling track car
i also suggested this, ph1s do seem to be a good option when the track route is sought after or even the 172 cup. The 182 is a good option if you dont want to go all out with stripping etc keeping the car reasonably sensible.

Track 172 & Golf R32
Yeh id want 6 for the car as its immaculate and im only the 2nd owner FSH etc etc and yeh about 1k back for the parts maybe a bit more the coilovers and brakes were 1k alone. Leaving to 2k to spend on a good fast road/track setup for a 182 . To be honest 2k can go a long way on a Clio!

Stagecoach Ticket
i c what your saying mate but if you have grunt and track use in mind with a budget of 7k why buy the most expensive/heavyest ph2 clio to start with?

if your not a fan of the ph1 then surely a ph2 172 cup would be the place to start leaving around 3-3.5k for mods that would be enough for;

Coilovers
Brakes
De cat
Exhaust
JMS induction kit
Matched Inlets
Solid top mounts
Strut braces
Magnecor leads + Service
Re map
Re furbing the turinis and tidying up body work