ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking after the 172

None
I bought my 172 in a bit of a sorry state to be fair, so I've given it some proper TLC:

- new discs and pads
- 4 x new tyres
- dephaser, belts, tensioners changed
- 5L of Fuchs Titan Supersyn oil, plus new filter
- fixed springs and broken suspension dampers

Going to do the plugs and then gearbox oil next, but I've got to say that these are such great little cars *if* you look after them. Feel almost sorry for mine, clear she's had a hard life, but now runs beautifully. And I absolutely love this car, so I don't drive her too hard.
Funnily enough having the extra power over my old 1.2 has actually made me a better driver! Knowing you have the power there just made me chill out really.

Yeah - a random post, but all I'm saying is that these cars need to be treated well and then they are an absolute joy to drive. That's my experience anyway - it all gets better once you forget about the significant dent that has been made to your wallet :rasp:

Ph1
Its only worth buying a shitter if your a dab hand with the spanners :)

Shitter + parts = nearly the cost of a good one if your doing it the garage way

LY R26 230 F1 Team
They do take a fair bit of looking after, but.... Disks tyres etc are only marginally more than maintaining a 1.2 so it's worth it!

Get some pics up fella.

None
Will do mate - well, I got this one relatively cheap and the body is pretty much immaculate, so can't complain realy - plus I'd wanted one for so long that it was all worth it :)

Ignore the scruffy area but here is the first pic I took:

IMAG1138.jpg

Going to take some more soon!

None
Yeah lol, I'm not going to let a bunch of kids put me off :)

Personally this is my favourite shape Renault have made (apart from the V6 obviously), personal preference really. Just never looks dated, even after nearly 10 years it still looks cracking!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Same as mine, just bought it yesterday and its a bit scruffy at the moment, needs a good tidy up!

looks clean enough though!

Black clio ph2 172
Same here Dude bought mine cheap and i was the same felt a bit sorry for mine,

could see it had potential so i went for it.....and now i love my clio 172 PH2

i also drive it like its a brand new car watching for bumps in the road, i know it might sound a bit sad

but as you get older you appreciate things alot more