ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longlife Exhausts - Carshalton

RB 182 with CUP packs
I just thought I'd inform anyone in the local area about my quotation from these guys this week.

I popped down there on Wednesday to get them to have a look @ my OEM exhaust. If I blip the throttle on the cold start cycle I get a pop & my CAT/joint to Cat-back is low.
Once the exhaust is up to temp I can not replicate the pop.

Anyways I popped along to see a guy @ the place & although they were very busy he was friendly enough took time to have a look @ mine.
Now bearing in mind he could of punted a new exhaust fairly easily (I was looking for an excuse to change tbh) he didn't. He suggested trying a new CAT fitting kit & thinks the pop was stopping once warm due to the metal expanding & pulling things together a wee bit more. He things the fitting kit would pull the join back tight & raise it again.

I got him to price a system for me whilst I was there.
I asked for a Mid-Sport, 2.5" system with dual 3" inward rolled slash cut pipes & he even said he'd mod the CAT outlet (Without me prompting I might add) to match the CAT-back better & strengthen the join up.
It came out @ £399 fitted which seems about the norm unless you are looking @ H&S, BTB or similar.

Just thought it may be of interest to any local Surrey members ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
is that a full stainless steal system? sounds cheap considering he's got to make the jigs etc for it?

I've been the Hayes one recently and im not inmpressed with mine... They used the existing flange from my broken exhaust and it knocks and bangs, to say im unimpressed is an understatement!

Plus they don't do mandrel bends so for the money a mandrel system is better from K-tec/BTB...