ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lola Makes Her Media Debut - LY Content

LY 182
Hey guys. Well I finally got round to being able to give the 182 a nice wash. All I did was 2 bucket wash, no need to worry about polish / wax or anything else just yet due to existing product. Typically there was no sun around, but I wanted to get some shots up anyway.

The car's not actually in fantastic shape, but kind of what you'd expect for an 04 plate. I'd love to get it perfect at some stage but I hear the paint's a bit of a pig and it will probably just get stone chips and what not again anyway. She's got both cup packs and has a few nice mods with a Yozza cat back, newer RS badge at the back and a F1 sticker on the bonnet (all done by previous owner).

So I took a bunch of snaps on the SLR i currently have (from a mate) and think they came out alright!

Comments welcomed. :approve:

002677x450.jpg

013677x450.jpg
008677x450.jpg
015677x450.jpg

016677x450.jpg

018677x450.jpg

021677x450.jpg

025677x450.jpg

028677x450.jpg

030677x450.jpg

031677x450.jpg

032677x450.jpg

035677x450.jpg

040677x450.jpg

045677x450.jpg

049677x450.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
What's wrong with the paint then to make it not in good shape? Pics are making it look pretty decent.

LY 182
Front bumper is pretty heavily stone chipped and a fair amount of cracked paint. Looks okay in the pics but up close it's pretty brutal haha. I don't mind too much really. It's a car that's to be driven not to just sit doing nothing. Gonna just be loving driving it for a good amount of time at first but may consider saving up and getting some paint work done in the future!

B

bigrich690

car looks amazing, i want your renault sport badge :D why didnt they update the clio one to match :(

Megane RS250
Looks nice mate! and welcome to the LY 182 club ;)

I can see where you coming from in relation to stone chips and wanting it to look perfect, I noticed some on my front bumper which really annoyed me so I recently took the plunge and got it resprayed by a reputable body shop who have experience with Renaults and LY, I can pm details if you want:

4656610881_40b2b8aeb8_b.jpg

Be sure to get some pics up of it when the suns out! :cool:

Have you got any plans for it?

DB.

BMW 440i
Pics dont do the LY justice! Seem quite low quality, love the car though! Wish i held out for one sometimes, but ah well!

LY 182
Thanks guys. I think I lost some image quality when I resized, I'm not a great photohrapher though tbh. :approve:

Cheers Andy. Yeah if you could send me a PM that would be great actually. In terms of plans I'm not thinking too much about that yet. I guess mainly I'd like to restore her to her fully glory really. I really do like the standard wheels so they could either be refurbed to get rid of a few bits of face damage, or I could do the sheep thing and get turini's as they are always full of win. The ride height doesn't seem too bad to me at the moment. Engine wise I'm staying standard for now as I need to fully adjust to the power increase before going silly with that. Already got the Yozza cat back which is great. Between the colour and sound I can't be missed! :eek: Maybe a few of the cheaper mods like some smaller visual type things.

We'll see. :cool:

Audi TT 3.2
stunnung looking car! im over northampton way somtimes ill keep a look out for you!

Turbos.
Pretty nice, but Andy's one on turinis shows the way to go IMO!

Whats with the Cosworth/Mugen buildings in the background? Is that where they do the handovers for Mugen Civic Type R owners?

LY 182
Pretty nice, but Andy's one on turinis shows the way to go IMO!

Whats with the Cosworth/Mugen buildings in the background? Is that where they do the handovers for Mugen Civic Type R owners?

Yeah I agree, Andy's is lovely. I'm waiting for some money to make it's way to my bank account and then I'll look at making some changes. :approve:

And I work down the industrial estate and just think it's quite a nice place for some pics. :eek:

LY 182
Right so I popped outside to give the Yozza a quick tidy up with some Autosol and the cheeky sun decided to pop out. I ran inside and grabbed the SLR and think I managed to get a few decent shots of the colour with some good sun..

001psj.jpg

007cig.jpg

012kh.jpg

017gf.jpg

018mcf.jpg

Focus RS + S3
looking good, i never realised what the colour was all about until i saw one in person . . . . (and then bought one lol)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Beauty of a car fella, and local too will have to meet up some time! When I spotted the Cosworth logo I was like "hang on, thats near me" lol, then went straight for your Avatar's location! :D

Think I may have seen you in passing up near Tesco Mereway......have just moved down to Far Cotton from Hardingstone!

Rob

LY 182
Beauty of a car fella, and local too will have to meet up some time! When I spotted the Cosworth logo I was like "hang on, thats near me" lol, then went straight for your Avatar's location! :D

Think I may have seen you in passing up near Tesco Mereway......have just moved down to Far Cotton from Hardingstone!

Rob

Ahh yeah you may well of done I drive that kind of way a fair amount. Most of my friends live in East Hunsbury. I live in Duston. I'll keep an eye out for you too!