ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locks automatically re-locking car even if door is open

Although my ar is stripped, I haven't played about with the wiring loom much (like cutting bits off!)

Recently, it's been re-locking the car even if a door is open.

So normally, if you unlock the car and DON'T open a door, it re-locks itself after 20 seconds or so. Why would it re-lock itself even if a door is open?

It's a tad annoying as when the door is open, it will re-lock, then when I start the car up, the alarm would sometimes go off.

Any ideas?

None
Could be something as simple as the door sensor not working properly or that it is stuck in, check to see if the interior light comes on when you open the door, if it doesn't then spray the sensor with wd40 and press it in a few times to make sure the conection is making contact.

Problem with the 182 alarms is that they are crap full stop, they go wrong too often and they are easy to bypass, i had mine ripped out and a toad system put in instead :)

Iceberg Ph1
I believe the sensors are located where the door catch is, there are no obvious plunger type sensors around the door, look inside the latch and I would assume there would be some sort of swith