ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locked my keys in my car. HELP ASAP

Renault clio 1.2
so ive managed to lock myself out of the car with the keys still in the ignition. very stupid i know but need to know a sensible way of getting into it causing the least amount of damage possible.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Pull the top of the door back carefully, poke unlock button or pull inner-release handle with coat hanger.

Call the AA or a locksmith.

Failing that, pop a window as far away from the drivers seat as poss !! Glass is awful and you will find it everywhere, for ever and ever...

DONT BREAK THE GLASS!!!

if you peel the seal off around the bottom of the drivers window and let it hang you can knock the clip off that holds your window on the regulator.

then take your window off the regulator, slide it down carefully and get your keys or open the door. re-assemble and done with no damage what so-ever!

Clio 172 Ph2
  Renault clio 1.2
Managed to prise the door open at the top enough to push a thin piece of wood down onto the window switch as the ignition was on. Thanks for the help though.

2012 Clio 1.2
palm_zps7e42341c.jpg