ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little advice needed on buying a 172

Ph1 172
Hi

have just been to view a 172 ph1. overall its clean and been well maintained, fsh etc. got 82k on the clocks.

the steering wheel is well to be kind is furbared to hell! How easy is it to fit an after market steering wheel, momo team 280 etc, there seems to be a massive choice of bosses on eBay to choose from and unsure i which one i should buy? would i need to fudge the airbag wiring? resistors etc?

what are these cars like to use as a daily? mpg etc

Also is the rear suspension a torsion bar or struts and springs?

I've probably asked questions that have be asked a thousand times sorry :eek:

Cheers

Paul

Pug 205 gti
Struts on the back fella. They aint too bad to use daily, i was doin 80 ish miles to work an back for a few months, but mine's fucked now!

172, BMW 120 Msport.
great cars, not bad on fuel i average 33-35mpg, thats normal driving, some people may say they get a constant 45+ mpg etc. dont know how and i dont believe it :)

Suspension is a doddle to swap btw..

Ph1 172
cool cheers guys

the guy tells me that the reason his exhaust bangs, k-tech s/s cat back system is because he needs a different rear exhaust mount? can anyone shed any light on this?

Trophy
Driving enthusiastically can get you anywhere from 29-32 mpg, taking it easy gets you around 35-38mpg. I normally end up with 33mpg on the trip computer after a full tank has been emptied.