ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid yellow R27 with Auto Finesse Spirit

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Following on from this thread; I set about stripping all the detritus, road grime and old protection from my car to test @Auto Finesse Spirit against Dodo Juice Orange Crush. The latter which i've been using for the best part of a year now.

null_zps21ca435b.jpg

null_zps06581a1f.jpg

null_zps72096e9d.jpg

null_zpsa9cc9eb7.jpg

null_zps9095d351.jpg

null_zpsf58b3f85.jpg

null_zpse8dc64ae.jpg

null_zpse300d868.jpg

very dirty 197.

I started by giving it a wash with Auto Glym body work shampoo

null_zps9f3a1383.jpg

null_zpsc3633970.jpg

null_zps68fb6033.jpg

null_zps6548f57e.jpg

AG shampoo removed the majority of the dirt thanks to the previous (3-4 months ago) application of DJ OC. But there was a swarm of bug splatter all across the front, stubborn dirt on the rear and side skirts, a few tar spots and iron deposits all over the car... the amount of fallout was actually shocking:

null_zpsfc90e079.jpg

null_zps3fca7b30.jpg

null_zpsaffe5a3d.jpg

null_zps324db22a.jpg

The spoiler was terrible

null_zpsf9ccdf55.jpg

null_zps4af2db66.jpg

null_zps96560d88.jpg

null_zpsa5b1ec35.jpg

The car was then pressure washed down, De tarred and clayed to remove the last stubborn bits leaving:

null_zpsc382beda.jpg

null_zps503fbf00.jpg

null_zps97868e5c.jpg

null_zps13b35fe1.jpg

null_zps877ca4be.jpg

null_zps490a4af2.jpg

I then dried the car just in time for the sun to come out so I could crack spirit open.

null_zps0b8e8d13.jpg

This stuff smells brilliant and is amazing to use, the smell isn't as in your face as Dodo Juice and smells better the more you use it, where as DJ starts to become a bit much.

I had a play around trying to get a feel for the right amount to use per panel, starting with a tiny dab which did a quarter of the bonnet in a very thin layer. Not a great pic but this was the initial thin layer

null_zps7182190e.jpg

Hardly touched the pot after doing half the bonnet, half the bumper, a wing and a skirt.

null_zpscb7bb42c.jpg

This stuff spreads very easily, its a little less oily than DJ OC so its a bit more difficult to see where you've applied it.

null_zpscda9a801.jpg

First application wiped off with ease. It doesn't matter how long you leave it *within reason* and it still comes off fine. You have to paste it on silly thick for it to start grabbing and not want to come off.

null_zps5cbb38da.jpg

I played around with how much to apply before it became too difficult to remove and so I could see it curing.

null_zps1f3f3daa.jpg

The above is about the maximum you can apply in one hit. If your application resembles this, spread it futher.

null_zps8d67aba4.jpg

second thicker layer on the bonnet

null_zps089b0744.jpg

null_zps56f6da27.jpg

second thicker application on the wing, this could've been spread a bit further.

null_zpsa7362dea.jpg

working with an iphone camera isn't ideal, the first thin coat of DJOC... As its a bit oilier, you can easily make out where you've covered and where you've missed.

null_zps36fe372b.jpg

I did the drivers side in DJOC and the passenger side in Spirit.

I carried on playing with application amounts and found this to be ideal. It covered the whole rear quarter from top to bottom:

null_zps49645725.jpg

I went through this much after about 3 applications of the passenger side.

null_zps930c83ab.jpg

I'd be shocked if someone managed to get through a whole 200ml pot of this.

It left a nice, deep, glossy sheen on the car

null_zps6a282740.jpg

It left a similar finish to DJOC

null_zpse6fe74b9.jpg

Some afters

null_zps7115d76b.jpg

null_zpsdd846916.jpg

null_zpsabad7fed.jpg

null_zpse7fb2f27.jpg

null_zpsd711e196.jpg

null_zps5236f7e9.jpg

null_zps64ff5609.jpg

Went for a drive to the local multi storey after the heavens opened

Water behaviour on Spirit seems better than DJOC, letting the water run off rather than holding onto it like DJOC

DJOC driver side Spirit passenger side

null_zps22de7c81.jpg

null_zps37f550ff.jpg

Nice tight beads

null_zpse513bb5b.jpg

OC holding a lot more water

null_zpsabc81d16.jpg

I love this finish

null_zps362a488b.jpg

null_zpsb10df421.jpg

As glossy, but holding more water

null_zps90d6e101.jpg

null_zps5c428b1c.jpg

null_zpse0577d01.jpg

null_zps4819b38b.jpg

null_zps5a2e45ac.jpg

null_zps41405a29.jpg

null_zpsac19946f.jpg

null_zpsd559d671.jpg

null_zps0d2cbc8f.jpg

null_zps16289fcb.jpg

null_zps1715266a.jpg

null_zps6c32aead.jpg

C&C welcome.

I think I'm going to invest in AF Rejuvinate in the future to ensure a better bond between the LSP and the paint.

I hope my bandwidth doesn't go on photobucket :(

I'll try the AF hide conditioner I received tomorrow :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Great write up mate. Glad you managed to get so much use out of it. I was going to do a 50/50 but i think ill go all out and try and squeeze 2 coats on the meg tomorrow!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill try and give the rear end a bit more as it seems to get most of the dirt.

P.s you park worse than MarcRs neighbours

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Just out of interest (don't think I can see it in your write up) what did you use after washing the car with AG shampoo to remove the remainder of the more stubborn dirt?

look ace on the LY, think ill need to give up on the temptation and spent extra on my wax

Ive got an illusation sample pot that came with my delivery the other week ill give that a try first tho

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just out of interest (don't think I can see it in your write up) what did you use after washing the car with AG shampoo to remove the remainder of the more stubborn dirt?

Soaked it in TARdis, re washed it (the TARdis softened up the bits it didn't remove) then clayed it to remove the last stubborn bits

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
look ace on the LY, think ill need to give up on the temptation and spent extra on my wax

Ive got an illusation sample pot that came with my delivery the other week ill give that a try first tho

Temptation is the entry level wax isn't it? If price is anything to go by (as I don't know the ins and outs of the waxes) illusion slots in just below spirit so should be a great wax, you'll have to let me know how you get on with it :)

I'm guessing the durability and longevity of spirit will be much better than DJ OC, I can see illusion outperforming OC too.

Temptation is the entry level wax isn't it? If price is anything to go by (as I don't know the ins and outs of the waxes) illusion slots in just below spirit so should be a great wax, you'll have to let me know how you get on with it :)

I'm guessing the durability and longevity of spirit will be much better than DJ OC, I can see illusion outperforming OC too.

Yeah temptation is the entry level wax but it's doesn't seem to last but I'm no detailing nut!, but it is great to working with soft and apply a well better than AG HD I used before

I'll let you now how I get on during the week hopefully if the weathers good my c2v3 should turn up aswell I'm dying too try after reading all the reviews on here

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Backed it into work tonight to change some license plate bulbs. It looked awesome under the lights

null_zps9db93273.jpg

as weird as it sounds, this bit of the car has never really stood out before. Spirit really brings it up

null_zps739a2105.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Illusion is a show wax so all about the finish, but it's the nicest easiest fool proof wax I've ever used, durability was similar to temptation.

Would love to have tried it on my old LY

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autofinesse sent out samples with recent orders for haloween, plus there was a thread last month with hen asking for product testers asking for them to be reviewed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It really is a special colour. The car needs a really good cleanse/polish though. That colour will come alive as you know.

Also do you have any wax applicators?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It really is a special colour. The car needs a really good cleanse/polish though. That colour will come alive as you know.

Also do you have any wax applicators?

By cleanse, do you mean using a product like rejuvenate after decontamination and polishing?

I don't have any applicators, I just use clean microfibres, are they really worth getting?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes they are... I bought the AF Wax Applicator and it's a dream to use, Just gives such an easy light wax application... Well worth the couple of £'s.

Same with some Foam applicators for things like Sealant and MF applicators for polishes and bits.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yes they are... I bought the AF Wax Applicator and it's a dream to use, Just gives such an easy light wax application... Well worth the couple of £'s.

Same with some Foam applicators for things like Sealant and MF applicators for polishes and bits.

how do the wax applicator differ from microfibres in terms of application? genuine question

foam applicator, those moulded finger things you get fro AG? if so i got one of those free and it was a good novelty but i wouldnt go out and buy one

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Received my BOGOF citrus power today. I'm getting quite the collection. I actually love Auto Finesse

null_zps140b6db3.jpg

Anyway... The car is still pretty clean from last weeks detail. But it's picked up a light dusting of grime on the lower extremities.

Beading well, dodo juice is matching spirit for gloss and durability for now. But spirit is much more hydrophobic, sheeting and beading soooo much quicker than orange crush.

drivers side: orange crush. Passenger side: spirit

null_zps45799dbf.jpg

null_zps287bed8a.jpg

null_zps81630a09.jpg

This is half and half, the tighter beading bit towards the bottom of the pic is spirit, the bit towards the top with looser beads is orange crush

null_zpsebeba044.jpg

and what I had to work with

null_zps7061faf8.jpg

null_zpsddc479fd.jpg

null_zpsa27eb2c5.jpg

i lightly pressure washed the whole car which didn't touch the road grime, then I gave the whole lower section of the car a nice dousing of CP, both doors, rear quarters and both bumpers.

null_zps34a26756.jpg

null_zpsd9b43bb0.jpg

null_zps690ec667.jpg

i left it to dwell for a couple of minutes while i stood there sniffing my fingers... This stuff smells awesome... then lightly pressure washed it off leaving

null_zps936a5c6a.jpg

null_zps6f68608d.jpg

null_zpsc0d967e8.jpg

null_zps0363d92d.jpg

null_zpsefcdc6ea.jpg

null_zps76d5f6bf.jpg

null_zps18d95f5c.jpg

null_zpsa6b27e7a.jpg

null_zps20c5dcca.jpg

i used just under half of the bottle

null_zps6a0e9e07.jpg

quickest wash ever with no touching of The car. I think I'll buy some tough coat next month to give some more protection in between 'proper' washes.

I 100% recommend citrus power to anyone who hasn't used it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a great product but that is a serious amount of CP you've used in one go.

Car is looking lovely, Wish I'd got a nice was tester pot as I got Temptation which I already own :(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's a great product but that is a serious amount of CP you've used in one go.

Car is looking lovely, Wish I'd got a nice was tester pot as I got Temptation which I already own :(

I did do all around the bottom of the car and the boot lid, should I have been more sparring?

cheers though :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I probably don't use enough as it's not the cheapest stuff in the world but as it left you with a contactless wash then I'd say carry on as you are :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just coating the lower sections you can get away with using 100ml on a Clio sized car and it still is effective on the level of dirt you bad picked up.

With beading like that after it goes to show how well it cleans, whilst leaving your existing protection un-harmed

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Gave the car a clean today to test Auto Finesse dressle, spirit seems to be holding up very well. Still beading and sheeting quicker than dodo juice.

after a citrus power bath, pressure wash and AG shampoo wipe down

spirit on the passenger side, orange crush on drivers side

null_zpse9622dde.jpg

null_zps651cea83.jpg

null_zps159113cd.jpg

null_zps95381e92.jpg

odd water behaviour, due to overlapping waxes?

null_zps7fac114e.jpg

null_zps77995dcd.jpg

null_zpsc724b696.jpg

null_zpsdf053f58.jpg

i think a top up of both will be due soon

Looks good, but defo replace AG shampoo with something wax safe. A top up shouldn't be required for months! Unless that's just you wanting to wax the car again lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks good, but defo replace AG shampoo with something wax safe. A top up shouldn't be required for months! Unless that's just you wanting to wax the car again lol.

i assumed ag shampoo was wax safe? Ah well it's about empty now so I'll get some AF lather :)

the beading looks to be dropping off a bit... Atleast it did with a mist from the pressure washer. I'll see how it fairs with rain.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Next wash, try a wipe down with a QD. Some may add their own protection, but it will also cleanse a little more after normal wash and rinse so could possibly clean the wax a little better returning the tight beading.

Also, the new lather is pretty good.