ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid Yellow 197 Clean - Pic Heavy

C

clvs2222

Another day, another job.

today, started off ripping my bonnet of to fill in all the ston chips and stuff. But ill leave that for another thread.

My mate Dan_Jones come over about 11ish, i did a full correction on that and dressed it. that was on going throughout the afternoon.

This Guy called matt (iirc) then called in and asked for a wash. so yea why not ini.

Car was quite bad, brake dust and tar everywhere.

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

started off with a blast with a low presure power washer.

TBM followed, APC door shuts and petrol cap. wheels cleaned. car hosed down and dryed with a waffle weave drying cloth. Then rear diffuser and wheels dressed.

The car came up tidy, due to last owner treating the paint, but now it does need a clay and mop (which hopefully ill be doing soon, as it will come up fantastic).

heres the results.

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg
DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Chris you have goto sort your pics out mate they are huge, takes ages to load and resize, good job though!!

Is that Iridiums old car?

C

clvs2222

lol, get a faster interent connection garry.

yes its iridiums old car. was a pleasure to work on it.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Awww she looks awesome dude :) It's nice to know it's still getting looked after. If by 'treated the paint' you meant whatever that little sticker in the top corner of the passenger side of the windscreen - that wasn't me, that was done when it was bought brand new. Nice to to see my 'Ring sticker is still there on the boot :) I don't think Matt has ever been there, but the car has and I'm well happy with how well it performed, it should be allowed to keep it's sticker as a trophy and wear it with pride :)

I always looked after it though, I must admit it didn't ever get a clay, as it was seriously shiny anyway hehe! But it was waxed regulary (bear in mind, I only owned her for about 5 months :() with Dodo Juice Banana Armour, the wheels were washed properly, and had a few layers of Poorboys Wheel Sealent on, it made it so easy to clean the wheels! Grime just fell off! Also just after it had been treated they shone like anything, but round here there's a lot of dirty roads as we're quite rural so they sometimes got dirty really quick. I was impressed with how little dust the brakes were putting out though, despite how awesome they are and despite the fact it was seemingly impossible to make them fade! Even when I drove round the ring, although, they had a time for a cool down between laps as I stopped each time - I didn't want to get anything too hot as I had to drive it a fair distance still after that and we were quite far from home.

We had some Megs APC that I used on the arches when I got it as despite the fact the paint was in good nick, it had only ever been treated to a normal hand wash - although there was no real swirling to be fair - and they hadn't gone all round and inside the arches, so there was some crappy stuff there, including some tar.

It's pretty late, so I'm gonna have to go to bed m'afraid, but I'll probably be posting again tmrw to say other things I want to say now, but my face is about to hit the keyboard when I fall asleep :)

Thanks for posting them dude, I hope the new owner was happy with the work (but he can't not have been really can he?), shame it wasn't bright sunshine to show off the colour really properly, but never mind, it still looks awesome hehe :D

Dan

Last edited: