ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liquid R27 and friends!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Had a kind of, impromptu hot hatch meet today with a few friends. Four little cars with very similar performance, and four totally different ways of making power and doing the 'hot hatch'.

No, unfortunately we didn't do any 'testing' to check performance heh.

Full set of photos are here - http://www.danbayes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=25 - and here's just a few little tasters.

group04.jpg

group01.jpg

group11.jpg

group17.jpg

group20.jpg

group22.jpg

group25.jpg

group30.jpg

group31.jpg

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I love that people like the Liquid best hehe :) Thanks guys :D My mate with the Corsa was convinced his looks the best, the Mini guy just loves how nimble and chuckable his is, and the Civic guy likes everything about the R27 more than his CTR - except the badge heh! Still we're all good mates so it makes for some good banter. Also the VXR guy, his fiance is pregnant, about 3 weeks from dropping and we've found Recaros are not pregnancy friendly hehe!

Dan

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I love that people like the Liquid best hehe :) Thanks guys :D My mate with the Corsa was convinced his looks the best, the Mini guy just loves how nimble and chuckable his is, and the Civic guy likes everything about the R27 more than his CTR - except the badge heh! Still we're all good mates so it makes for some good banter. Also the VXR guy, his fiance is pregnant, about 3 weeks from dropping and we've found Recaros are not pregnancy friendly hehe!

Dan

looks like he is going to have to "upgrade" to a zafira then ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
They have a previous shape (03) Astra SRi 2.2 as well heh - huge boot and baby spaces. But they're thinking of a Meriva VXR hehe!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd have the Clio if it wasn't bloody Yellow!

That Mini has the worst wheels i've ever seen aswell!!

R26r R26
Civic-Uncomfortable ride/Overated.
Mini-Hairdressers car.
Corsa-Too tall/Shat round corners.
Clio-Wins!!!Especially in LY.;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The mini was a *little* dirty hehe! The Corsa isn't much higher than the 197 and to be fair, isn't a bad car at all. It doesn't feel quite as 'tight' in the corners as mine IMHO - but that's not to say it's bad, it still has a HUGE amount of grip, and brilliant steering. It's a VERY even match with the 197 - I just chose the R27 over one because I think they look nicer. The mini is on 16s I believe.

Cheers for the kind words all :) There is potential for some great run outs that's for sure hehe!

Dan

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nice to see a mini owner not on stupid wheels. They handle much better on those (standard) 16's than all the other wheel options.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The Mini is the Mk1 shape so to be fair it is a pretty small car hehe :)

Loving the amount of appreciation mine is getting though hah :D

Monaco Ph2 172
wow! The Clio is by far the best looking car there - from any angle. Quite like the wheels on the Corsa but the styling is a bit naff. Can't believe how dated the Mini looks!

oh, and great colour too! ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Would definitely choose the Clio from that lot, personally don't like the fussy styling of the Corse at all it is my least favourite looking car there. New Cooper S is a pretty solid all rounder though, better than the R50 original.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The Mini is a Supercharged 52 plate, it's not he new new Mini :) They are a bit 'Venom' I guess - but they're just the stockers. I quite like them.

We came to the conclusion after a few discussions and little "Can I have a go mate" runs that the Mini was probably the slowest by a small margin in a straight line. I'm working on him to get a stage 1, JCW style, smaller pulley and a remap thing for 200bhpish :)

Dan

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Civic-Uncomfortable ride/Overated.
Mini-Hairdressers car.
Corsa-Too tall/Shat round corners.
Clio-Wins!!!Especially in LY.;)

Can't be that crap round corners if its got the record for the fastest hatch round nurburgring.

Civic isn't really over-rated either, its brilliant frankly.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
awesome pics :) i have a mini in the same colour and my mate has a vxr the same too, were halfway there lol
mine came with those wheels and everyone took the piss saying there like tsw's :(

Family Bus
The LY shines above the rest tbh....not overly keen on the corsa vxr's - the Astra's are gorgeous but the corsas just look squished :S