ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limp mode with emission light - HELP!!!

Fabia vRS
Hi Guys,

This has started ever since I recently serviced my car. I unclipped one engine sensor to get better access to the oil filter - I think its the coolant temp sensor.

Ever since the car randomly decides to go into limp mode and the emission light comes on. The limp mode always comes on when I'm decelerating from high speed and breaking, for example on a dual carriage way approaching a r'bout. Normally switching the engine off and back on temporarily cures it. I took it to my local garage for diagnostics but they only found a minor abs fault code.

Any ideas? Lambda sensor? Sensor unclip just a coincidence? It's really stating to p*ss me off now and is damn right dangerous.

Fabia vRS
Anyone? Please :eek: Took back to the garage for diagnostics again today. Still no errors on the ECU. Emissions light is still on and the car still random decides to enter limp mode.

Get under the bonnet and make sure all the sensors are properly secured. Spray some WD40 on all the electrical components you may have touched when servicing the car.

Also have a look at the fusebox under the bonnet. I got water in mine which brought all sorts of lights on the dash and put it into limp mode. If theres any sign of water, dry it out with a cloth and spray WD40 in there

Fabia vRS
Get under the bonnet and make sure all the sensors are properly secured. Spray some WD40 on all the electrical components you may have touched when servicing the car.

Also have a look at the fusebox under the bonnet. I got water in mine which brought all sorts of lights on the dash and put it into limp mode. If theres any sign of water, dry it out with a cloth and spray WD40 in there

Just be out to do some more checks. The sensors are all secured and the contacts sprayed with WD40. Even sprayed some WD40 in the fusebox. Unfortunately same old sh*t :dapprove:

I did however notice that when the key is in the ON position (all the lights on the dash come on) but the engine not started the throttle body makes a continuous high pitch wining sound. Throttle body maybe fooked or the throttle potentiometer? Weird that no faults have shown up on the ECU :S