ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Limited Edition 172's

Clio V6
Am I right in saying they did 172 limited edition 172's about 10 years ago? Think I can remember looking at a used one with full leather years ago and fainting at the 15k asking price :eek:

omg i cant even think that 10 years ago it was 1999 its gone wayyyyyyyyyy to fast

they did a green 172 yh with grey leather and defo wheels, only came in green

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love the colour. And the wheels, and the leather!

Wish i'd never sold mine now. :(

Ian

Focus TDCi
Think the main thing is that Renault undermined the Exclusive by selling less of other colours; means that now it's just seen as another colour. Think the colour of the leather also puts quite a few people off, although I've never seen it.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Any pics for old time's sake? :)

exclusive.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
just found one here CLICK

i think they look poo tbh

I love the colour (but tbh I can't really think of any colour Clio that I wouldn't have), I just don't like the wheels and not sure about the leather. If there was a standard 172 in Scarab with ph1/ph2 wheels I'd probably love it.

I still like the exclusives too. Years ago my rents went to view a phase 2 172, the same place had an 03 reg (i think it was) exclusive in there too, apparently there are a few on late regs.

I'd have one, but junk the seats. The one on here with amphasite speedlines is awesome.

I very nearly bought one 4 years ago when I was buying the Ph1 172. Took it for a test drive, loved it. Unfortunately the dealer was under the impression it was worth £1500 over a Ph1 172 in silver of the same age. So I bought Andy's Ph1 172 :approve:

Ian

Focus TDCi
That's the one :approve:

Looks mint. I'm as far away from owning a 172 as I ever was now, but if I can ever afford one I've managed to narrow it down to either Flame Red, Iceberg, Odyssey, Pearl Black, Scarab or Sunflower. :eek:

SG9 Forester STi
I really like them, all you have to do is stick a new set of wheels on and i too would probably have to do something about those seats.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Am I right in saying they did 172 limited edition 172's about 10 years ago? Think I can remember looking at a used one with full leather years ago and fainting at the 15k asking price :eek:

Hi Ed.. I bought one new back in 2001. I hadn't even seen the colour, or the interior lol. I'd test driven one of the first batch of 172's as I knew someone at the local dealer. It was a great car! but I was left slightly un-impressed by the overall appearance of it compared to the Williams it was replacing. So I took my interest no further.. that is until I notice this little green 172, online, at the Earls Court Motor show 2000. I had to know more!!
I enquired again at my local dealership and they confirmed it was the 'Exclusive' but had very little info on it. I took a chance and placed my order. Unlike other orders from Renault, once my order was placed, all correspondance was direct between RUK and myself, the dealer was only told of a delivery date lol. I was given my cars number as that was the order number. (Well, it did actually change when i got the car.. from order number 023 to car no.022)
Cost me £16,050.00. Which was £500.00 over the standard model. As already posted, it came with....

Scarab Green paint (used previously only on high spec Espace).
Dune grey full leather, inc door cards and steering wheel.
BBS alloys
Cabasse CD head unit in place of the standard cassette, as well as the standard multi changer.
Individually numbered door cill plaque.
Pale grey floor mats.
Limited to 172 models into the UK.

I now have a Titanium ph1 as my daily/fun car as I was putting too many needless miles on the V6 and works van. I'd forgotten how much fun they were to drive! The one I have now has loosened up nicely with 77k on it compared to 16k on the Exclusive when I sold it after 3 years for the 182.

Are you thinking of buying an Exclusive then.?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Im tempted to get an exclusive, only problem is I would feel that I have to keep it standard & im after a ph1 for a project car :)

Clio V6
Hi Ed.. I bought one new back in 2001. I hadn't even seen the colour, or the interior lol. I'd test driven one of the first batch of 172's as I knew someone at the local dealer. It was a great car! but I was left slightly un-impressed by the overall appearance of it compared to the Williams it was replacing. So I took my interest no further.. that is until I notice this little green 172, online, at the Earls Court Motor show 2000. I had to know more!!
I enquired again at my local dealership and they confirmed it was the 'Exclusive' but had very little info on it. I took a chance and placed my order. Unlike other orders from Renault, once my order was placed, all correspondance was direct between RUK and myself, the dealer was only told of a delivery date lol. I was given my cars number as that was the order number. (Well, it did actually change when i got the car.. from order number 023 to car no.022)
Cost me £16,050.00. Which was £500.00 over the standard model. As already posted, it came with....

BBS alloys
Cabasse CD head unit in place of the standard cassette, as well as the standard multi changer.
Pale grey floor mats.

I now have a Titanium ph1 as my daily/fun car as I was putting too many needless miles on the V6 and works van. I'd forgotten how much fun they were to drive! The one I have now has loosened up nicely with 77k on it compared to 16k on the Exclusive when I sold it after 3 years for the 182.

Thanks mate, very useful post.

I saw one the other day on the A40 between Cheltenham and Oxford and it looked fantastic so thought I would do some research :)

I have toyed with the idea of picking up a cheap 172 as I would love to have it sat on the drive next to the Vee. Might go for an Iceburg though so I can have matching colours too :)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thanks mate, very useful post.

I saw one the other day on the A40 between Cheltenham and Oxford and it looked fantastic so thought I would do some research :)

I have toyed with the idea of picking up a cheap 172 as I would love to have it sat on the drive next to the Vee. Might go for an Iceburg though so I can have matching colours too :)

No problem bud!

They do look good, and I can relate to what Chris is thinking too about mods. But I guess as long as it can be put back to standard for re-sell, no harm done.

I think Titanium compliments the silver pods and wheels on the Black/Gold Vee very nicely when parked together on the drive.. hehehe

Do it Ed.. you know it makes sense.. lol

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Saw one yesterday in Southampton on the was to leisure world. Was about 4:30pm if it is anyone on here :p

Ph1

BBS alloys
Pale grey floor mats.

Thats expensive! Sure the 172's were 16.5k new when first released but saw a price drop start of 2001 to 15k area.

I bought a standard ph1 172 from a dealer for just over 14k at the time. For 300 quid more, which im sure was the officialy RRP difference not 500? i could have got the Exclusive but didnt warm to colour and wheels plus the seats looked bland

The waffle was only 172 were going to be built. Might be wrong but sure it never made its limited run number?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Thats expensive! Sure the 172's were 16.5k new when first released but saw a price drop start of 2001 to 15k area.

I bought a standard ph1 172 from a dealer for just over 14k at the time. For 300 quid more, which im sure was the officialy RRP difference not 500? i could have got the Exclusive but didnt warm to colour and wheels plus the seats looked bland

Andy, I'm sure you did fella.. I'm just saying what 'I' ended up paying. I probably have all the paperwork for it still somewhere if I had time to waste looking for it, which I dont. My order was placed in 2000, so perhaps my dealer didnt pass on the complete price drop to me..?? I'm confident the additional cost was £500 over and above the standard 172. I dont generally shoot my mouth off without thinking on here.. look at my total posts and joining date.. <<<< lol

The waffle was only 172 were going to be built. Might be wrong but sure it never made its limited run number?

Well if they were made to order only, then its quite possible that 172 in total never made our shores.. It'd be very interesting to know how many were brought over. Perhaps thats why Scrarab Green isnt listed on the Renault Sport site, along with production numbers!?

:)