ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lightning Cables

Edition 30
So after buying some cheap ones off eBay that didn't last very long.

I need a good quality probably 2 or 3 metre long one.

Suggestions?

Search. There's a thread that Rich-D posted in, with a link. I bought a set of three standard length ones that work just fine, but did note a couple of their other items were 2-3m ones.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I bought two at the weekend that are pretty good.

I bought them from currys, a make called "iwant" iirc. The two I bought were 3m long, both work fine and were £13 each I think

Edition 30
@JD I looked in there before posting, did you mean the £1.70 ones?

@Gouldy I might have a walk up there on my dinner and have a look for them. 3m would be ideal!

Last edited:
  Edition 30
null_zpse371c3a8.jpg

This is how mine looks after 9 days :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As ive said before, microusb to lightning (genuine) from computer exchange and then some half decent micro usb cable for £2. (blackberry ones are pretty decent)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yup I've broken loads of s**t ones... now gone for Belkin and is all good so far! Cheapest place is Halfords with Quidco 3% cashback on click and collect.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
I bought 4 ebay specials to have all around the house and car and broke them all within about 2 months, there just not fixed together properly. I bought a 1m one from tesco a while back and its pretty decent.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had to go non official (even though Belkin ones are sold on the Apple Store) because I have a black iPhone and a black dock... a white cable? I don't think so. Really annoys me that Apple make black products but not the accessories to go with them! :(

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I had to go non official (even though Belkin ones are sold on the Apple Store) because I have a black iPhone and a black dock... a white cable? I don't think so. Really annoys me that Apple make black products but not the accessories to go with them! :(

I want a black one for the van too.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thanks for this. I've just ordered one to see if they're any good.

Well, they're no good to me unfortunately.

The housing that contains some of the chips on the lightening end is too big to fit in my official apple case. I can't be bothered taking my phone out if it's case every time I want to charge it so it's back to the official apple leads for now.

Well, they're no good to me unfortunately.

The housing that contains some of the chips on the lightening end is too big to fit in my official apple case. I can't be bothered taking my phone out if it's case every time I want to charge it so it's back to the official apple leads for now.

Thats rubbish :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As ive said before, microusb to lightning (genuine) from computer exchange and then some half decent micro usb cable for £2. (blackberry ones are pretty decent)

BTT

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Question;

why would you get the micro usb to lightening adaptor from computer exchange? I had a look on their website and I could find one for sale.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly don't know what people do to them.

I travel a fair bit, so have 1 attached to a plug which is tied in a knot, that bounces around the bottom Of my bag. Another which is tied in a knot and left in the pencil case thing I carry round.

Admittedly one of the £1 I bought has come away a bit where the case joins the lightening adapter, but it still works, and has done for 12 months.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I jus ordered a few random eBay ones, I'll test them and if theyre any good ill put the link up.