ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lightened flywheel

16v
Hi mate, from personal experience I must disagree with "the hoff" I had mine done when it went in for a clutch and it was money well spent the car revs a lot better.

But make sure that you get someone who know what they are doing...

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
well i was thinking bout it for my race car with the sequential box the engine is out off the car anyway so thought mmmm maybe?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
yea its just money though it doesnt take me to long to get the box outa it anyway

clio 200 F4Rt
having mine done soon, along with a crank, rod and piston balance.

QEP can do it for £120 plus vat as a comparison to any quotes u get!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
il prob do it myself not gona get it balanced just smack it on if i get one quite tempted now

M

mini-valver

I'f you're gonna be really revving the car, they can be as much of a hinderance. I've heard some people on the Nova forums say you lose inertia from the flywheel so it's harder for it to keep momentum. That's at 8k+ on a small block engine though....

Ph1
Had mine done and cant say it reved any easier. Had other mods done at the same time however.

I agree too. Scientific, 'book talk' on mechanics does my load in

i wouldnt bother to do it on its own, its alot of wasted work and money JUST to do a flywheel.

Beneficial if its all out already, but to an extent.