ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light washer jet blanks

Renault Clio 182
Hi everyone, does anybody know where i can buy a pair of light washer jet blanks from? Tried ebay but no luck!

Thanks

No idea but without sounding like a knob watch out for changes to the MOT schedule because I know this will be a fail from next Jan if you have HID headlights and know washers.

pb ph2 172
since when theres been nothing from vosa about it also loads of cars have hids/xenons etc and dont have washers

BG 182
I got quoted something like £85 plus VAT from Renault for two replacement blanks for my cup, that was unpainted as well iirc. Rip off if you ask me so I went down the carbon fibre route.

pb ph2 172
my mot tester where i works said its all rubbish but to be on the safe side get some blanks that look the part

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have rubber grommits in mine. cost 99p for a pack of about 8. not paying 80odd quid what a joke. the r26r just uses a rubber grommit so i thought i would do the same. been running it like it now for 3 years no problem at all with mot, you would have to be unlucky for them to pick it up.

this is a pic of mine, looks much neater blanked off

DSC01748.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for all the info guys, didnt mean to start world war 3!!!! Like the rubber grommits luke. But im in love with the carbon fibre, and have just ordered some. Thanks Jacko, i'll get some pics up soon

Renault Clio 1.2
i have rubber grommits in mine. cost 99p for a pack of about 8. not paying 80odd quid what a joke. the r26r just uses a rubber grommit so i thought i would do the same. been running it like it now for 3 years no problem at all with mot, you would have to be unlucky for them to pick it up.

this is a pic of mine, looks much neater blanked off

DSC01748.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

Alright pal I know this was a while ago but where did you get your grommets from? Or what size are they ?

Cheers

b/g 182, meg tourer
Alright pal I know this was a while ago but where did you get your grommets from? Or what size are they ?

I got got them from halfords. Think they are 13mm. Dome top ones not flat ones. Just measure the hole that is left when you remove the jets and find some grommets to suit :)

Cheers

It is now an MOT failure.

my car has been this way for 3 or 4 years now. No issue with mot at all.

Clio Trophy
Interesting. I've been told in no uncertain terms if a car has hids it has to have washers working to pass.

it is like most garages that do not have a clue what a car should or should not have, and the you get "friendly" mot centers ;)