ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lift reverse delete

I'm just going to get straight into this, does anyone know of a way to remove the lift reverse, so that it will just slide straight into reverse no need to lift the plastic up.

Thanks in advance,
Dan.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yes

if you lift the gear gaiter and look on the left of of the selector mechanism you can see a raised section that prevents you from moving the gearstick over without lifting. You could sand/cut it to a lower point so you don't have to. Otherwise shorten the section which lifts under the gaiter if that's possible although I'm not quite so sure on that.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just dismantle the selector and remove the position latch. My only question is WHY would you need this as it stops you grabbing reverse by mistake?

In reply to Coops and Mick, looking at fabricating a much longer lever, similar to the pure motorsport one. However would just be easier if I didn't have to deal with the lift reverse

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
You can do lift-up reverse easily: only a thread at the end of the lever, a spring, a gear knob with threaded hole and a slider needed. Without reverse-lock you will ruin your rear bumper soon. ;)

dan's cast offs.
In reply to Coops and Mick, looking at fabricating a much longer lever, similar to the pure motorsport one. However would just be easier if I didn't have to deal with the lift reverse

i had one in with a pms that hadn't been set up properly so would just go into reverse without lifting, was a bloody nightmare!!!

why anyone with an iq over 6 would want a selector like that god only knows;)