ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lenses, body, or both

Motorbikes
Hi guys

I find myself in a situation where I may be able to upgrade my gear.

I currently have a Canon 400D, 18-55mm kit lens, nifty fifty, Sigma 70-300mm and a Canon 17-85mm IS USM.

Should I just buy myself a new lens, looking at the Canon 70-300mm IS USM to replace the Sigma for motorsport and general telephoto shots.

Or, I can buy a used 50D body within my budget, then sell my 400D kit + Sigma lens, and probably be able to buy a Canon 70-300mm IS USM.

Will I notice any real benefit in upgrading my body? The only real benefits I see are more FPS, better build quality and 15.1mp, perhaps the size and feel will assist in panning technique?
Or should I just stick with my 400D + new lens?

As much as I would love L glass, its out of budget.

Mk2 ph1 clio
To be honest, Im not hearing great things about the 50D. Personaly I would upgrade the glass infront before the body.

Depending what your after you could pick up used L series lenses quite cheap!

3 Series touring
Glass is always the better upgrade (unless your taking a massive jump upwards)

you'll notice the impact on your shots much more from new glass than you would from a new body.
looking at your 2 options though....surely you could flip number two round and buy the lense first ..then decide whether to sell the 400D?